Friday, May 15, 2015

Day 14: Dad's 68!

  Before I get to the picture of the day I need to declare that our family will no longer be wearing clean clothes, sleeping on clean sheets, or using clean towels.  Literally minutes after I was taking fresh spring smelling laundry off the line (while contemplating how one of my least favorite chores becomes my favorite when you add in sunshine, a nice breeze and a clothesline), I saw a snake in the laundry room.  A snake in the laundry room.  A snake.  In MY laundry room.  It peeped its horrible head out and was crawling up the wall behind the washer and dryer. Why?  Why can they climb a wall?  They have no arms or legs! I screamed while slamming the dryer closed and ran in the house.  As Jake met me in the kitchen I cried and told him there was a SNAKE IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM.  Here I am behind the screen door in the kitchen taking a picture of Jake with his snake hunting tools.  We called Papa Harmon and he came and helped in the search.  They did not find the snake.  Jake actually asked me if it wasn't just the hose from the washer I saw.  Really?  So for this reason I will not be going into the laundry room.  Indefinitely. 




On a lighter note...I love making Red Wine Vinaigrette in a mason jar because it looks so pretty.  I made a salad for Dad's birthday dinner.  It is so simple and so delicious.  It is just spring mix lettuce with strawberries, walnuts, Colby Jack cheese and this salad dressing.  It paired perfectly with the Salmon that was sooooo yummy.




We got Dad a few dark chocolate bars from Ikea and some of their blueberry jam.  We also bought him a book (it was from mom too).  It is The Complete C.S. Lewis Signature Collection.  He had admired my copy when they were at our house for dinner on Mothers Day so we though it would be the perfect gift.  Aunt Sheila got him a book of chocolate recipes and she made him chocolate truffles.  Mom got him a a little American flag treasure book and sign for his man cave that says, "I Pray For America" on it.  





Don't worry his face isn't on fire.




I have two pictures of the day for May 14th.  This one that we will name: "For the pure joy of dark chocolate".



And this one.  It doesn't really need a name.  Happy 68th birthday Dad!  We love you! But we hate snakes.