Tuesday, April 19, 2011

An unexpected visitor and Support.

Yesterday after work, Jake and I were hanging out (Aaron was at the library studying for 2 tests he has this week), when the door bell rang. I actually thought it was on TV, but Jake convinced me to check. I am glad I did because my sister-in-law Erin was standing at the door! She had come up to Charlotte to take a test for a job and dropped in for a visit. We had a great time spending the rest of the day with her. Jake was dying to show her his Wii Lego Star Wars game, which worked great for me because I wouldn't let her in my kitchen until I filled up the dishwasher. While they played I unloaded the clean dishes and reloaded the dirty one. (It used to be Aaron's job to unload, but he is a little too busy with school and work right now. Jake still isn't quit tall enough to put the stuff in the top cabinets so I am left to do it...I am great at loading things but unloading? Not so much...The dishwasher, the dryer...then when I fold the clothes-the laundry baskets...I am not a fan of any of these things.). I will never leave the clean dishes in the dishwasher so that the pile of rinsed (or soaking...), but not washed dishes pile up again...Not that Erin would have cared, but I did!

Erin brought some fun books that Nana found to give to us. Jake doesn't know they are for home schooling, but the rest of us do! Erin couldn't remember the story behind them...Something about a school giving them a way for free so Nana picked them up for us...I will find out on Thursday because we are headed down to visit for the day. I will call you tomorrow Nana to make sure that will actually work for you! :) Thank you Nana-some people think we are crazy for home schooling, but I am glad to know that you support our decision. It really means a lot.

I thought there was something spilt on the green book before I read the title: The Science of Really gross things: Grossology. Jake thought it was hysterical (so did I)! It teaches you the science behind things like farts, vomit, and zits. Perfect for a boy! I am really excited (so is Jake) about the one titled: Mirrors: Finding Out the Properties of Light. Thanks again Nana!!!