Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Spring Cleaning

It has finally and officially begun: Spring Cleaning. I used bribery to get Jake to help. Yes, he would have helped any way but he wants money for his upcoming field trip and I wanted to accomplish a lot. I told him I would pay him $3 an hour. I am a nice mom, right? Let me tell you that is the best $6 I ever paid anyone! He earned it and we completely Spring cleaned the living room-including washing, drying and rehanging the curtains and everything! Thanks Jake for your help! I have to work 9-2 tomorrow, so while Aaron is asleep I have some more Spring cleaning projects for Jake to do while I am gone...Cleaning the outside of the kitchen cabinets, cleaning the baseboards, cleaning the doors (you know all those smudges...), cleaning the french doors...I am sure I can come up with a few more tasks to occupy Jake's time. :)

Jake had his own window cleaning technique: 2 sprays, wipe, 1 spray, wipe again...It was effective, but slightly time consuming...I may...or may not, have gotten a little aggravated. I was paying by the hour! That piece of tape is on the inside and is left over from our Valentine's day hearts...


This is what under the couch cushions looked like...You can barely see the quarter hidden in all the crumbs! This is Jake's favorite place to sit so I am blaming it all on him. :)

We thought we were done...but we hadn't cleaned the Nativity (we keep it out year round because I love it so much).
Jake is the Nativity arranger. It was a great last step in Spring cleaning the living room! Now on to the next room...