Thursday, April 28, 2011

Simple Pleasures: Winning, Blogging, and Sharing.

I hardly ever win anything, but I was so excited when I went over to Chocolate on My Cranium and read Cocoa's post I missed yesterday. Imagine my surprise to find that I had won an Anne of Green Gables book safe from HollowBound! Thank goodness for random drawings!!! Click here and you can see the beautiful book safe I won...I am going to warn you, you will be totally jealous! Thank you Cocoa for your amazing blog! If you haven't visited it yet, then where have you been people?!? :) Today is a great day to check it out. Every Thursday is "Simple Pleasures" day-a time to think of those simple things in your life that bring you pleasure. I have 3 simple pleasures today...One of them is winning my book safe!!! :)

The second is blogging. I love it! I am so grateful to have a blogging community that is full of people with the same values and goals as me. I am thankful for all I have learned from my amazing blog friends. Home schooling, homemaking, being overwhelmed...You name it and you will find a blog friend that can teach you, lift you up, and understand what you are going through. But you all know this already since you are bloggers...

My last simple pleasure for the day is that Jake is back safe and sound from his field trip. :) He is so sweet. (I realize that my blog may make him sound like a perfect child since all my posts paint him as such...He's not. But he really is amazing.) When I was walking up to the school to pick him up, he had his hand hidden behind his back. He used part of his field trip money to buy me a DVD about "Grandfather Mountain in May". He said he watched a little bit of it and didn't really like it but he thought I would. He told me when he grows up he will probably watch it and wonder why he didn't like it when he was a kid-but he was sure I would like it now. I will have to do a post on all the "stuff" he bought. He cracks me up...You will see why when I do that post! He also made my heart fill to the brim with pride (the good kind) when he told me one of his friends, Maddie, lost her money and kept asking the store clerk if anything was free. :( Jake ended up buying her a rock candy lolly pop and a self inflating whoopie cushion. See what I mean by amazing? Life is good. :)