Saturday, April 30, 2011

The month of May and my do over of 34.

I love May. I used to love the little mayflowers in our back yard when I grew up in New Hampshire, and thought for sure they were there for me since my birthday was the last day of the month...And since I am a mom I feel more sure that the month of May really is mine in our little family.

Since May is my month, I have also made a decision about this years birthday. I am calling a do over. I am going to redo 34. I am supposed to turn 35 on May 31st but I am really not feeling 35ish, so I am going to go for round 2 of 34. I will gladly be 36 next year, but I am pretty much refusing to be 35. Aaron told me I can't do that. I however feel differently. As a kick off of sorts for my 34 redo I have some plans. Here they are:

1. I am going to start waking up on the week days at 5:30 so I can Zumba and start the day off with exercise. This is a big deal for me...I am not a morning person. I will also actually write down my Weight Watchers points since I have scientifically proven that it only helps you lose weight if you actually do the program. I will actually get on my other blog and post all this stuff to keep on track...like I was planning on doing when I started it a couple of months ago...I have really bad follow through.

2. I will read my scriptures EVERY day. I am slack in this department. I admit it. Don't judge me. No one's perfect-and some of us are further from it than others...I will be better at planning actual Family Home Evenings, instead of forgetting and saying "Well, we are spending time together so this must count right?"....

3. I will read the following books in the month of May as home schooling prep: Little Britches by Ralph Moody, Laddie by Jeanne Straton-Porter, The Lonesome Gods by Louis L'Amour, Leadership Education: The Phases of Learning by Oliver and Rachel DeMille, and reread the Declaration of Independence (and study it).

4. I will read Anne of the Island by Lucy Maud Montgomery, because I absolutely love Anne Shirley and after just having finished Anne of Avonlea I have to know what happens next...I feel sure she will marry Gilbert Blythe and live even more happily ever after...I will also read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (...if there is time left in the month, because although I love to read this list seems to be getting really long....). I have never read it *GASP!* I know I am pitiful and I really want to because all versions of the movie I have seen have been amazing. It is also on the list I need to read for home school prep, so I will be killing to birds with one stone!

5. I will finish the following projects: my daisy painting (I have it hanging up and although it isn't done...I still don't know what I want to do to it...), 2 aprons that I bought a pattern, fabric, and all the other stuff I would need to sew them back in January and have been too chicken to start sewing; and my 1000 piece puzzle.

6. I will take and post "A Picture A Day In May". I have been wanting to do a picture a day all year but keep feeling like that is something you start January first...But picture a day in May rhymes so it works out perfectly! :) I am hoping Jake will do it with me since he has his own camera now (in case you missed it, it is an old one that wasn't being used-we didn't go out and buy him one!) and likes to take pictures of random things like I do.

7. I will completely Spring Clean and organize the whole house...Well the part of it we live in. Once school is out we will begin the "switching rooms around project" to prepare for Nee and Papa's return. Yes, I will probably bribe Jake to help me get it all done, I have no shame in telling you this.

8. I will try 2 new recipes a week.

9. I will actually call a babysitter and go on a date with Aaron. That NEVER happens. The last time we did was last June when we went to the John Mayer concert. That is sad I know...

10. I will...think of something else because ending on 9 just seems weird...