Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A promise I can keep...

Jake and I just finished getting everything ready for his field trip tomorrow to Grandfather Mountain, Linville Caverns, and Linville Gem mine. (What we could get ready at least! The camera batteries and his ipod shuffle are still charging. Aaron wasn't here to help because this is his long day...and night.)The alarm is set for 5 am and we will be leaving at 5:30. He is really excited about it expect the fact I am not going...again. (We will both survive, he will have a great time and I will bite all my finger nails off worrying the bus driver is texting while driving or something awful like that!) I keep checking his bag to make sure he has everything. He isn't supposed to have medicine but what if he gets a head ache? I always carry stuff in my purse for him...I did stick a couple of band aids in his bag. Along with anti-bac wipes (of course), tissues (no brainer), 2 chap sticks (just in case you lose one), extra money (just in case...they get stranded? I have no idea why but-just in case!!)...I thought about extra socks...but if he needs extra socks than he would need extra shoes too and there is not enough room for that. He will probably be the only one on the bus without a DS or other hand held game system but he has 2 books-paperback because they are lighter...AHHHHH! I may just jump in the car and follow the bus up the mountain!!!!!!! ....Deep breath...I missed a field trip last year-but it was local-this one is 3 hours away. Say a prayer that I don't go insane before he gets home at 6:30 pm. I know he is growing up. I get it. When he is 19 going on his mission I will be the same way. I'm a mom, so sue me....No, actually just say a prayer for me.

I made a promise to him that in the 5th grade I would be at every field trip he had no matter what or I would pay him $5 each time I couldn't. Little does he know how easy it will be to keep that promise since I will be his teacher. :)