Sunday, April 24, 2011

Spring Break...It was all a blur...

...And now it is over. :( Here is what we did, since the last time I posted:
*I haven't mentioned that at work we are doing this Fit for Life challenge and one way to get bonus points was to walk the parking lot at Bi-Lo (you get 15 points for every loop-I only got to go 2 times-more than anyone else did-but I did 10 loops-2 miles-each time). I wish I had had my camera because on Monday night I took Jake and Sadie with me (keep in mind we had gone on a walk/run with Erin when she was at our house and the boy and dog were already pooped...), and after 6 laps they were to tired to keep going so I had to push them in a shopping cart! I am sure people thought I was crazy but I wanted those bonus points!...Come to find out my team is a bunch of slackers so we probably won't win anyway, but I am still going to do my best! Aaron told me I am going to win it for the team...I don't think he realizes this is not just our store...it is the whole district....And people are on the honor system for entering there points and we have a known cheater in our store...But any way it would have been a real Kodak moment...Me pushing a little over 100 pounds of boy and dog in the dark, in the parking lot of a grocery store...Nice redneck story...
*Wednesday-I worked until 2 (Aaron was home sleeping so Jake wasn't by himself) and when I got home we went and picked up one of Jake's buddies from school (Corey) and they played until we got home after dropping him back off at 8:30ish.
*Thursday-We headed down to Spartanburg, SC to visit Aaron's fam. (Aaron had class and work so he couldn't go, but that didn't stop us from visiting!) . Sadie has a great time with the "big dogs" (Penny-Nana's golden that we dog sat, and Fynn-Erin's lab mix). We had a great time on a little hike with Erin, Nana, and the dogs. Jake even swam in a little creek with the dogs (I wadded in...Sadie was really trying to get me to go in further but that was it for me. Jake brought an extra set of clothes-when the weather is nice we always do. You never know when you will have the chance to take a dip!), until we got kicked out for trespassing...We didn't know we were. We looked in the windows of a house down the street that was for sale (it was under contract...I know this because I called. Not that we were going to buy it or anything but it always fun to dream...especially when the house is on 1.5 acres, has a rocking chair front porch, 4 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, and an in ground pool all for only $128k!!), and dreamed about it's amazing potential. We hung out and when the cousins got home from school they did this:

One second...Random cute Sadie picture. She was thirsty on the way to Sparkle City...
Tree climbed! Getting ready in this shot...
Waiting patiently for their turns. Addie Kate is too small for the harness but she doesn't seem to mind at all.

Riannon climbing...with a little help from Erin!

Jake getting ready. Love the crazy face dude. That is Fynn in the background...Sadie hasn't grown that much...yet.


Jake had fun swinging rather than climbing.
And another random dog picture..This is as good as it got-they wouldn't stop moving!


Della made it the highest. We thought this was the highest she was going to go but...
We were wrong! You go girl!!
Before heading home we stopped by Ranee and Jeremy's (Ranee was getting ready for a yard sale and Riannon was selling her old bike...Jake is bike-less at the moment...) and laughed our heads off as Jake showed them his new found talent that Erin had taught him...Making fart noises with a straw under your arm pit. He mastered the Star Wars theme so well that Jeremy recorded it and texted it to Aaron...Poor Aaron was bummed he missed out on all the fun! We ended riding home like this:
Since this was in the back seat: Jake's new to him bike (he has ridden and LOVES!) we got for $5..And his walking stick from the hike that he just couldn't leave behind! Sadie was sitting in the back but as we went around a curve it shifted just enough to wake her from her DEEP (she was wiped out from playing all day with her doggie cousins) sleep and made her cry :(. Poor thing. It didn't hurt her at all-it barely touched her but she was too tired to be woken up so Jake decided he wanted her up on the floor in front of him. He ended up falling asleep and his feet were on Sadie...I think by that point she was too asleep to care!
*Friday I worked until 3, Jake and Aaron did...I don't really know what they did!..That night we just hung out with Daddy.
After Jake went to sleep Aaron was a P.T.P.P.


*Saturday I was supposed to work 11-7 but ended up being lucky enough to leave at 3! Jake and Aaron watched the last Star Wars (no I do not know which one that is...They would be so disappointed in me right now for not knowing), and just hung out while I was gone. So, we hung out with the neighbors (they have a new lab puppy named Bear who is Sadie's new BFF), we colored Easter eggs, talked to Jake about the Easter bunny (Santa, tooth fairy...) not being real and wanting to focus on the Savior more than the traditions (...It went well-more on that later...It deserves it's own post), and had our Easter Egg hunt....Basically we have hung out and had fun staying up late every night (we did a million other things I can't think of at the moment I am sure.) and wishing that school was over already! Five more weeks!!!! I think I said that last week, but I think it really is 5 more weeks now...I got a head of myself before. We are counting down the days until summer!