Sunday, April 17, 2011

Friday: Egg hunt and Spring Break Kick off!

...Hold on! One picture before I get to Friday! Jake was player of the day 2 days in a row for "First in Math" (an online way to practice math skills. It counts as 2 grades a period). They get to wear a fancy necklace...I of course had to take a picture of it...Wait this may actually be a picture from Friday...Yep, same Star Wars shirt from the other pictures. That was the day he had to bring it back to school...AWESOME JOB DUDE!
On Friday, I slipped out of work early so I could hide Easter eggs and help with Jake's class Spring treat. The kids searched for 3 eggs: one with their name on it and 2 with the answers to questions they had to answer before the hunt. I loved this idea, but I can't give credit to Jake's teacher. She got the idea, questions, and answers from another 4th grade teacher. I am not even going to go into being there in Jake's class...It is the same it always is..Okay I will go into it a little. I was getting to the school in enough time to spend the last 15 minutes of lunch with Jake before hiding the eggs. On my way to the cafeteria I happened to see one of Jake's class mates who told me they were eating lunch in their class room...?...They were all rushing to finish some work their teacher had to have them finish before Spring Break so they did it while eating lunch. As I walked into the room Jake looked so stressed out and just about on the verge of tears. I sat at his teachers desk while they finished and Mrs. P complained to me about how none of them had finished the in class project...Hmmm...None of them did? She either has a class full of slackers or didn't give them enough time to finish...*Sigh*. Enough venting...There is much more but it isn't worth stressing over any more. It is what it is...I whispered to Jake not to worry about it (he didn't get his finished the way he wanted to...they had to rush through it and he was worried about his grade), and just have fun at the egg hunt. I am not going to worry about it that is for sure! Just 6 more weeks and this will be over!!!...I spent Thursday night (after the Primary Presidency meeting at my house) stuffing the eggs and writing the names and answers on them.
This is a picture of Jake searching...Can you see he is still stresses out? I told him not to worry about it. He did his best and now he just needed to have fun...So, he did. So much that I never even got another shot of him hunting because he was running all over the place! :)


Jake and his new best bud, Connor. (Ken hasn't shown the reform he promised Jake after the last "incident", so they are just kind of friends. Ken keeps calling everyone names, so Jake is being nice to him, but not hanging out with him as much. We think that is a good decision. He hangs out and plays with Connor and Kayla the most now.) That is the smile I like to see-not the stressed out face!
At home we kicked off Spring Break by having a slumber party in Jake's room on Friday night. (The mattresses are still on the floor, from when his cousins slept in his room 2 weeks ago...I have vacuumed the part of the floor unoccupied by them...) Aaron had to leave for work at 9:00 pm, so he missed the slumber part of the party. We didn't go to bed until 11:00...I was ready at about 9:30 but Jake wanted to make Lego people and play, so we did! The sleeping arrangements (I was supposed to sleep on Jake's bed...):
Jake created this spaceship/robot/...a lot of other things that was pretty cool.
This is a before of Jake's very unorganized shelves...We will have a follow up of how it looks after we reorganize it this week. This is how Jake wanted to pose for the picture. :)
Sadie even brought in her rope toy to chew on while we played. The pillow was a divider so she couldn't (in theory) eat any Lego's...Some how she ended up underneath it...
Meet "Jake", Jake's Lego guy who is an inventor/bounty hunter.
Last year I did a post about our first Lego girl we named "Rachel" (after Rachel Ray, one of Jake's crushes from his younger years) and I said how I would love her hair. Well, move over Rachel! I am all about Hermione Granger's hair now. (Hermione from Harry Potter...if you live under a rock and don't know who she is).
This is "Jane". She is a Warrior-Ninja-Princess. (The head and hair are Hermione...I think the body/outfit is Prince of Persia...maybe. We haven't seen the movie but the Lego set was on sale at Christmas time and was very cool. I thought it made a pretty great warrior-ninja-princess outfit.) How awesome is her hair?...and she never has to do anything to it.
This was a ball all in one piece when we started playing...Puppy teeth are lethal, I am telling you.
Sadie ended up working her way over to see what we were doing...She moved on to her teddy bear at this point (it is hard to see in the picture, but she is chewing on it on my lap...It is dark blue and she is black, so it all kind of blends together...)
Jake moved to another area...so Sadie did too. At about this time I gave up and said I was going to bed. I started out in Jake's bed and he was on the floor with Sadie...That lasted about 5 minutes and we switched. Sadie slept the whole night...lucky girl. She is used to sleeping in her crate so I was afraid she might get up and wonder (and maybe pee...) but she didn't...I know this because I think I woke up every 20 minutes to make sure. I woke up at one point to her over on my mattress curled up next to me. :) We had a great slumber party and are looking forward to our camp out in the back yard on Monday night!...Oh man that is tomorrow night isn't it...I better get to sleep...I love this picture. Sadie is so intrigued by Jake. :)