Monday, April 4, 2011

Letting my creativity out

Every now and then I feel the need to create. Today was one of those days. I decided to paint. I love daisies and have been wanting to paint a big daisy for a while now. So, I finally did!

While I was laying down the newspaper, so I wouldn't get paint every where (I have a tendency to do that), I came across what has to be one of the greatest inventions EVER! I want one...

I thought this was going to be the background color...

But, I changed my mind to dark chocolate brown. It matches our leather couches and kind of looked leathery since I didn't wait for the first coat to dry all the way. I am an impatient person...I hate waiting for paint to dry!!! I turned the fans on high to help the process out. I am a paint it in couple of hours kind of artist. I think that is why I am a painter, not a quilter. I would probably never finish a quilt. I am kind of an instant gratification crafter....

Here is the almost final product...(the lighting isn't great so the background looks black...it isn't, I promise.)
This is a shot of it above the fire place in the sun room. This isn't going to be it's final resting place, but I wanted to look at it from distance....I changed the yellow part a little and I am not sure if I like it this way or the other way better...(ignore the air freshener thingy...This is right above Sadie's crate. With the rain we got all last week, I needed something to get rid of the wet puppy smell. These were on sale and I had a coupon that doubled so I got 12 of them for $3...They actually smell really good.)

I kind of love it...but not totally. I am going to hang it in the living room for a few days until I figure out what I am missing...Aaron said I should paint some of the smaller petals in the center...I really am not trying to go for what a real daisy looks like completely and I like the way the shading came out too much to cover it up...So,that isn't it...It may be hard to tell because the lighting isn't great, but I used a teal to shade with, so there really isn't another way to bring in more color...Not sure why I did it the way I did, but I like the one funky petal on the right side...I am going to work on the center a little more...maybe that will do it...Sorry, I am just thinking and typing at the same time. I guess that is kind of like talking to yourself. I think it is a little less crazy to type it though because no one is obligated to read this and it is kind of my journal...Any way! Help...What am I missing?