Monday, April 4, 2011

This weekend we...

...Had a blast with the Martin's (Aaron's sister and family). Even though we only live an hour and a half away from them we haven't seen them since Christmas! We all have crazy schedules and we were glad when theirs brought them to Charlotte. Riannon (13) had a volleyball tournament and they stayed with us for the weekend. I have to admit, I only caught about an hour of the 1st session and 1 hour of Sunday mornings session of General Conference-but I recorded it. I usually watch the whole thing and I can't wait to go back and do that! I say "I" because Aaron may or may not sleep through some of it. :) We are going to start watching it today for Family Home Evening and watch some every day. I think that breaking it down will actually help Jake get more out of it...or that is my hope! Here are some of the fun things we did with the Martin's while they were here.

Saturday morning while Ranee, Jeremy, and Riannon were at the tournament, the kiddos did this:

While I sorted through: 13 pairs of capris, 6 (jacket and skirt) suits, 4 long sleeve tee's, 6 short sleeve tee's, 5 pairs of jeans, 14 pairs of pants, 2 skirts, 10 sweaters, 28 blouses and fancier shirts, 3 jackets/vest, and 4 pairs of shorts. Ranee lost 50 pounds (I am officially remotivated) and passed on her wardrobe to me. Way to go Ranee! I will be passing these clothes on soon because I am going to be right behind you!!!

After Riannon finished her Volleyball tournament on Saturday we went to Taco Bell for lunch...
...and went and saw "Hop". Jake loved it, even more than "Despicable Me"! I liked it, but I apparently didn't love it as much as he did...I dozed for a few minutes in the middle of it! Ranee said she probably would have too if Addie Kate hadn't been sitting on her lap and wiggling while she tried not to fall asleep! I was in good company at least! I got in trouble for taking this picture of the kiddos dancing to the credits. Apparently they thought I was trying to boot leg the credits or something...Live and learn.

The P.T.P.P.'s
That evening Ranee, Riannon, and I went to Ikea!!! This is Ranee with her future couch:
Riannon with her new desk. We were on a mission to redo her room. She has a small bedroom so this desk will help conserve space. I can't wait to help them paint and put the whole room together!!!
How cute is this stool? We were hoping to find a duvet cover or fabric to match, but they didn't have any!!! What's up with that Ikea? They didn't have any cute bold black and white fabric that Riannon liked...except this stool fabric.
We enjoyed some Swedish meatballs for dinner and Lingonberry juice mixed with Sierra Mist.

Oh yeah...The other 3 kiddos stayed home with the dad's and played the whole time I am sure! We didn't get back from Ikea until 10 pm. and they were still awake...except Addie Kate (almost 6), who fell asleep on the couch. They happily played in the backyard most of the weekend. They used the lawn furniture and each had part of the yard that was their own house. Della (10 1/2, Jake 9 1/2, and Addie Kate.) The girls camped out in Jake's room and we slept upstairs in my parents room.

We found a great deal in the "As Is" section at Ikea! I got this slip cover (it was a white couch before...It is my parents and we had a sheet over it to try and keep it white!) for $40! It is usually $100!!! That is 60% off people. Now I just need to cover my pillow in a cute fabric...
The 3 musketeers eating their breakfast by candle light...
I got these candlestick holders for 49 cents each, and the candles for $1.99 for a 20 pack. (You can flip the holders over and use them as tea light holders too.) We used to eat by candlelight on our "fancy dinner nights" a lot...I am bringing that tradition back!
Yummy...Ikea sells the best Swedish drink and preserves....
I knew we wouldn't have time to make cinnamon rolls for Conference, so we bought them at Ikea...They are REALLY good.
So, that sums our great weekend up! It has been a long time since we have really done anything, like go to the movies. Can't wait to do it again, but lets not wait so long to see each other again okay Martin's? :)