Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jake's growing up...

On the way home from school yesterday, Jake informed me that this Halloween he didn't want to go trick or treating. He said that just going to the Ward's trunk or treat would be good. I told him that worked for me, but asked why and what made him think of that...in January? He said it just popped into his head that he didn't want to see all the gruesome costumes and that knocking on strangers doors for candy didn't seem safe...I agree 100% dude. I told him we would just buy our favorite kinds of candy, turn off the outside lights and have our own little party. Where is my little boy? It is amazing to see him grow up...And I don't just mean getting bigger, I mean watching him use the Spirit in his life to make good decisions. Maybe we did do something right after all Aaron. Maybe he will figure out the whole Santa thing this year...It is one of the only growing up stages I won't be sad (I don't think...) to see over.