Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wordfull Wednesday: Beauty

Over at Chocolate on my Cranium, Cocoa and friends are discussing beauty. The first thing that popped into my mind was the words from an amazing hymn. "There is beauty all around, when there's love at home..." After yesterdays stress this is a perfect subject for me think about. I really am blessed with beauty all around me. Here is some of the beauty that I have enjoyed in my home lately...

*The beauty of our four legged friends and the joy they bring into our lives. I have loved, loved, loved, watching Jake and his new best friend play and cuddle. They adore each other and I adore them! There is beauty in having a best friend that will never judge you, will love you unconditionally, and will keep all your secrets.


*The beauty of an epiphany while reading the Ensign...In the article "His Grace is Sufficient", Kimberlee B. Grant wrote: "When it comes right down to it, I don't hate myself, but Satan does hate me and will use every tactic available to turn me away from the light." Yesterday Satan wanted me to look around me and see my shortcomings and feel guilty. It worked...almost. I decided to enjoy the beauty outside and let the mess wait another day. I can honestly say I feel no guilt in spending time outside with Jake and Sadie. And guess what? This morning went much smoother and the house is getting cleaned today. I think I fought a battle with Satan all day and came out with the upper hand. Go Me!

*The beauty of celebrating love! We had an amazing week leading up to Valentine's day remembering why we love each other....

We even celebrated by having a beautiful meal of lobster tails, Martinelli's sparkling cider, and baked potatoes. Aaron had gotten a $25 gift certificate to a grocery store in our area (not Bi-Lo) from work at Christmas time and decided to save it for a splurge. There is definitely beauty in sitting at the table and having a delicious meal with your family. I love that Jake only had his undershirt on for our fancy meal. :)

*The beauty of the earth. One day last fall I went outside and enjoyed snapping a few pictures of the beauty of Fall, my favorite season (though Spring is a close second with the wonderful weather we have enjoyed the past couple of days...). I love the color of the leaves against the still green grass. I love the smells, I love the brisk wind. I love this beautiful Earth in the fall...I am going to have to do the same thing and snap some pictures of Spring.





*The beauty of sleep...
Aaron how is it that you spend 5 nights a week up all night and still function during the day? Sadie spent 3 nights last week crying off and on...Which meant I only slept off and on...I was a mess. I find it much more hard to find beauty in my life when I haven't had a good nights sleep.
How do you do it? Thank you for doing it...

I could go on and on, but the messy house isn't cleaning itself (unfortunately!). Thanks yet again Cocoa for making me start the day off by thinking about how good life really is!