Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 4, 5, 6, and 7 of Our Week Of Love...We are busy people...

I haven't gotten on the computer, except to check and see if the parent in Jake's class that was supposed to bring the cupcakes on V-day is going to...They aren't...Which means I am the lucky one that gets to bring them, and you can't bring any anything homemade...Huh?!? I know right. Times they are a changin' people-I had to buy 36 cupcakes (there are only 28 kiddos...only!..but you can't buy 28. I had to buy 24 and another 12 so that they would match. The pack of 6 didn't match...I am the class mom and will NOT be buying anything else for the rest of the school year. Slacker parents...), not cheap!...That is me venting...Sorry. Here is the rest of our uneventful week of love that I totally lost steam midway through...
Day 4: We had our friends over and made some yummy homemade heart shaped pizzas! It was so much fun! I was in need of a girls night and Jake needed a play date so it worked out great. Poor Aaron had one of his long school to work days...We missed you!

Erin and Abby
My well loved cookie sheets with our heart shaped crust.
Jake, Griffin and Abby...This was about 20 minutes before Jake started to not feel so hot...Sorry for the poor picture quality. The prayer had been said and they were ready to eat, another shot was not going to happen...

Day 5: Leftovers and hugs and kisses. This after Jake stayed home from school...He had a stomach thing...kind of. I know he wasn't feeling well but he may have faked it a little to stay home....I had to go to work (I usually only work while Jake is at school-this would be one of those times when he should have been...) and felt GUILTY. Aaron was there of course but he had just gotten home from 36 hours of no sleep so he hit the sack...If Jake had been throwing up and stuff I wouldn't have gone...but I still felt guilty. When I came home Aaron told me that I shouldn't have worried. About 30 minutes after I left Jake made a remarkable recovery and made enough noise that Aaron knew he was feeling okay. :) But he still had to stay in bed. Jake, when you fake sick and stay home, that is one less fun day off we can take on random dude! I don't believe in the whole try not to miss a day of school and you will get a little certificate at the end of the year. That is just called not having fun parents. :) No offense if you are into not missing any school...I would love to miss every day of it!!!! Enough rambling...
...Still surprised that Jake hasn't written any love notes!!!! He usually loves this kind of thing.

Day 6: I worked until 7 (boo! Holiday weekends are all hands on deck...People grocery shop like crazy for any occasion!), so Jake and Aaron had frozen pizza and probably played video games and watched TV most of the day. Oh that's right they did both do homework and Jake had a b-ball game that he scored several shots in. Good job dude! When I got home I was greeted with love and we ended the evening watching a new show called: Only in America (or something like that) with Larry the Cable Guy as the host. Can you say FUNNY?!? Watch it, you will love it. He goes around the country and learns about different traditions that are celebrated in different areas. It was educational (the one we watched was about how boot legging lead to Nascar in GA, Mark Twain wrote about a frog jumping competition in CA, and etiquette in VT-was the lady who wrote that book a long time ago named Post? Okay so maybe I didn't retain all that I learned, but it was great!), and HYSTERICAL at the same time!

Day 7: Finally a love note for me and Daddy from Jake! Aaron and Jake got their favorite hot cocoa (land-o-lakes makes the BEST) in their boxes too. It was Jake's favorite meal today and I forgot to take a picture of his happy face eating it off our fun heart shaped plates (I found at Walmart for $1)...Jake LOVES creamy crock pot chicken so that is what I made. I kind of forgot about the homemade rolls so I will have to make those tomorrow with our extra special Valentine day celebration of love!!!!! Even though our week of love was rather uneventful at the end of the week tomorrow I will make up for it!!!!