Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The story of my life...Rambling and Venting on just a few of today's highlights...

Today went something like this:

Wake up, hurry let Sadie out before she pees!...Can't resist playing with her...OH NO! We have 10 minutes to get ready for school!!!! Get dressed while I pack your lunch, Carnation instant breakfast on the way, bye Daddy/Aaron see you tomorrow (guilt set in)...AHHH! We forgot to pick out your favorite poem to bring to school...grab the Feb. Ensign (after leaving the house and coming back to figure something out...) and rip out the awesome poem (which is now Jake's favorite) about the Atonement and call it good (and it is really good, so go read it if you haven't already...I have some catching up to do on that too...Haven't finished Feb. -what I have read really made me think...more on that another time.. and March came in the mail today!...Is it really March next week?!?) . Back to the car, Jake-I really hope you aren't tardy (luckily I thought of that before leaving the house the first time and put a bra on just in case I had to sign him in...)! Sweet we made it (barley)! As much as I love that you blow me kisses, do the sign language "I love you", and wave I am really hoping you will walk quickly to the door!!!! I didn't say that to him...I just quickly returned all 3 and motioned for him to hurry...Phew...Now back to the messy house and the first day Sadie will have to stay in the crate for the whole 5 hours I will be at work...And this after she slept in it all night! Guilt sets in. Take her on a quick walk, 1 loop tires out an 8 week old puppy (she is 8 weeks today!), and play with her until she is tired. Jump in the shower and pull a head full of wet hair into a pony tail and go to work...

Needless to say I didn't walk into work my normal bubbly self. It was a break to walk in the door and wait for customers! I told the other cashiers I was grumpy and mean today and they laughed and told me that they didn't believe I could be grumpy and mean. That made me feel better until I realized how sad it is that acquaintances get my best behavior and I save grumpy for my family...Guilt sets in...

After work (where I thought all day about how much our house looked like someone either broke in or a tornado went through...I dreaded going home...), and picking up Jake from school we came home and rescued Pee-Paw (one of Sadie's nicknames since she walked through her own pee once and I told Jake "Grab her quick! She just peed on the floor and has Pee-Paw!!!) and we decided to stay outside...Jake did his homework on the table on the patio (for the second day in a row) and I read Anne of Green Gables from Aaron's Kindle (I want one...some day...). We watched Sadie play and played with her...We enjoyed the beautiful weather and for a little while I didn't care that the house is in complete disarray...Until I walked back in it (guilt sets in)
...Maybe if I close my eyes I can navigate to the kitchen with out burning the vision of stuff every where into my brain...To the library, back home to make ramen noodles (this is my single mom day-Aaron is gone to school/work and we won't see him for 24 hours so noodle ramen it is!) to eat on the way to b-ball practice, run to Bi-Lo during his practice (I told another mom there and she has my cell #...) because I forgot to bring my coupons to work that would enable me to get 2 jugs of laundry detergent (on a BOGO sale that ends today of course) for a mere $2.99. Not a piece-for both of them...AWESOME deal!...Back to practice, chat, home and get Jake in bed, make sure we focus in the morning so that Jake can do his response, on the new book he got from the library, before leaving for school in the morning...And the house is still horrible. Oh well, it will still be there tomorrow and I have the day off! Overhaul tomorrow will be a piece of cake. Instead of cleaning tonight I need to check in on the blog world-I haven't even thought about it since Thursday...You miss a lot of good posts in 5 days! ....I just got pee-foot...Awesome (sarcasm, in case you didn't know)...Sadie is sleeping soundly but not before she could pee with out me noticing it. And why did I get up in the middle of a post? Because I heard them say on the TV (the mom from b-ball practice said they only have 4 TV's...huh?...only?) that is on in the other room, that Justin Beiber cut his hair and for some reason I had to see it...Why? I am not sure, and he looks the same to me (I don't have Beiber fever or anything but the previews for his movie actually look good... What does that say about me?...). And that is the story of my life! Rushing, being unprepared and puppy pee (by the way not complaining here-she is so worth the pee)....Awesome. Tomorrow will be better and I will now stop venting and rambling and go to bed. I will put my blinders on and not look at the counter where there are all sorts of things needing to be taken care of. One of which is the pepper I spilled, but didn't have time to clean up before basketball. Guilt sets in...It will be there tomorrow. The mess and the guilt, but it will be better. :) Aaron will be home...