Monday, February 28, 2011

It's a wrap...And it has just begun...

(First thing this morning...)
...the weekend is already over? How did that happen? It started out a little bit of a bummer-I missed Jake's last game because the girl who was going to work for me on Saturday couldn't...(Picture me sticking out my tongue...). She had a good excuse-her daughter was sick. I was bummed to have to work but that night made up for it. It was the dinner and awards ceremony for the Upward b-ball season and it was awesome. Jake has made great friends at Upward and they do this amazing picture slide show at the end and it makes me cry...just a little. How can another season already be over? How can it be the last day in Feb.? How can Jake be turning 10, 6 months from TODAY? (I forgot I was going to have a little half b-day shindig...Better get on that...) Double digits? I turn 35 the end of May...35... and Jake turns 10 August 28th....Where has this decade gone? I can't even believe it...My son is 6 months away from being a decade old...(Picture me with tears in my eyes...). I feel a little sick to my stomach just thinking about it...

(Same day...just in the evening...)
Another thing that makes my stomach hurt: Jake has been getting phone calls the past 2 days from a girl in his class named Sophia. She called 5 times yesterday before we were able to answer it and Jake ended up talking to her for 30 minutes (maybe more, I listened to his side of the conversation-so funny and of course completely innocent). When he got off the phone he said "I didn't think she was ever going to stop talking!" Sophia called again today. I was in the car driving and I told her when I got home I would have Jake call her. When I got home Jake's response was: "I told her I wouldn't be able to talk to her today!" She called back 4 more times (once leaving a message that she was sorry that she missed Jake's call but she had stepped out...Jake hadn't called back at this point...)...Jake tried to call her back to let her know he couldn't talk because we were getting ready to eat dinner-she didn't answer. I am hoping her mother noticed how many times she tried to call and told her to stop. :) You see Jake was going to start a business where people would pay him for help on Wii games (keep in mind he does love his Wii, but he isn't even allowed-except on RARE occasions-to play during the school week...so there are probably plenty of people who could give out more info. than him.), and Sophia is part of the company...Jake says he may move her up to the Vice President since Maddie (the current VP) isn't doing half as much as Sophia is...Apparently all of his employees are girls...He said he thinks Sophia likes him, but he only likes her as a friend. I made sure to tell him not to pick on her about this (or let anyone else-meaning don't tell everyone she keeps calling to embarrass her), and always remember to treat people the way you want them to treat you...I can picture this little girls heart being crushed as people pick on her...He said he would never do that. He is totally clueless that all these girls love him. I am glad he his clueless. You see Jake has been raised with girl cousins close by and as he says he is used to girls. One of his friends, Kendrick (a boy..you probably knew that though right?), at school gets mad at him because Jake will play with different people everyday. The truth is: if you want to hang with Jake, he will hang with you. He gets that from me. :) I am totally getting away from the point...(surprise, surprise). The part that makes my stomach hurt: Is it okay for him to talk to girls on the phone? He doesn't talk to boys on the phone...Will this lead to wanting to date early or I am I just totally over reacting???? HELP please if you have any insight on this kind of thing...I am clueless...