Thursday, March 31, 2011

Simple Pleasures: Making Aaron cookies with my new hand mixer

I finally retired my old mixer. It only worked on one speed and then only if I held it securely in place. It always smelt like it was burning up, but it never did...not all the way at least.
In this picture it looks in mint condition, but it wasn't...Here is the old one:

One of Aaron's Christmas gifts was that I would make him home made chocolate cookies at least once a month, since he loves them so much. A few weeks ago I told Aaron that this was the last batch I would make with the old mixer. He told me I should go and buy a new one ASAP. :)...I have to admit while I was in Target I did stand for a good 5 minutes dreaming about buying the Kitchen Maid Stand Mixer (on sale for $199.99)...Reality of course set in and I bought the Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer ($24.99-more in my price range). I got it and it sat on the counter for over a week in the box...until Monday, when I came home to find 2 sticks of butter on the counter to soften. I got the hint and made cookies...And my new hand mixer worked like a charm! It made me realize just how pitiful my old one was. The beaters are bigger and it took half the time to mix! It even has a whisk and a stand that you can store the cord and all the attachments in. I love my new mixer...even if it isn't a fancy Kitchen Aid. Plus, Aaron said they were the best cookies he ever had. :) (He says that ever time, but this time I believed him.)


What is one of your simple pleasures? Check out other peoples at Chocolate on my Cranium.