Saturday, May 1, 2010

I cheated on Bi-Lo...

..I couldn't help it! Harris Teeter has TRIPLE COUPONS this week! Thanks to Elizabeth (you've seen her in pictures before), Pandora (one of my managers), and all the countless women who come into Bi-Lo with their binders of coupons, I have started "couponing". Have I mentioned that before? I can't remember since I have spent the last week catching up with the past almost 3 months...Any way I am really loving it! I even sold some online (Elizabeth posted them and I clipped them!)! Yes people buy them...It is crazy. I was so excited because this was my first experience with triple couponing (I know that isn't a word but it is on this blog...), and I did pretty good. I saved about $70 and got several things for free and even more for just a few cents. And yes of course I took pictures...Aaron just asked me if I was blogging about how messy the house is. Is that a hint or something?
This is my binder. Isn't is so pretty and organized? I found a Franklin Covey binder and organizer on sale over a year ago (the pages weren't dated) at Sam's Club for less than $20. The coupons under my phone are of the items I already found and I pulled the coupons to remind myself to use them. I am working on this being our home organization binder. It has a section (well it has some of this and I am working on the others...) for school, church, house work schedule,phone numbers, bills, taxes, etc. Basically if the house is burning down we will grab this and go.

These are just a few of the deals I got:
This rice was 4 cents.

This butter was free.

And so was this!

These bagel thins were 40 cents.

It is a great feeling getting such good deals on things you need anyway! I also got French's mustard for free, Bird's Eye Steam Fresh Bagged Veggies for 5o cents, whole wheat Ortega tortilla's for free, Some saffron rice for free, Scott's flushable wipes for free...Okay, I think you get the picture! It was awesome!