Monday, May 24, 2010

Blogging clears a cluttered mind...

More random thoughts that clear my mind so I can sleep...when all I really want to do is not sleep...but I have to get out of bed in the morning, so I need to sleep.

1. Do you ever blog in your head? I don't write anything out before I blog. Do you blog girls? I just start typing and go with it. That is why most of the time it makes little sense and goes on forever. I find when my mind is going a mile a minute, I start to organize my thoughts as if I were blogging them. Is that crazy or what? Something that I spend time doing, (when I should be doing something else) actually helps me focus better...Interesting...

2. Mom you really need to get that blog up and going. You are like me and sometimes (all the time for you, just some of the time for me) can't stop doing whatever it is we feel the need to be doing. Blog and it will clear your mind. Seriously try it. Plus I am really hoping to see pictures of Seattle before you get home...

3. Do you ever re-learn things over and over again? I do it ALL the time. Basically every time I move. I assume that the people that I was great friends with and talked to all the time are going to forget all about it me as soon as I am gone. I don't forget them, but for some reason I assume they will totally forget about me. I say I will keep in touch and as soon as I leave I think people just move on and forget about me. I feel forgettable. (I am not saying this to make you feel bad for me or anything, I swear, it is just how my brain works.) But then I get the reminders that I am missed. A friend from Jake's old school left me a message the other day saying it just wasn't the same without me...She actually remembers me? When we moved here I was looking for a job and decided to call Dr. C a member of the church that I used to work for. But I was scared to call because I was worried he wouldn't remember me. (Even though my mom worked for him too after I did.) He did remember me. Aaron saw him a little while later and told him I was worried he wouldn't remember me and he just laughed. I guess he thought it was a joke. Another one of those times was at "Time Out For Women" a few years ago. We were living in Asheville at the time and my friend Melissa (she is my friend that blogs "Moments That Matter" on my blog list. If I was computer literate I would put one of those links that would take you right to it...but I am not. She is AWESOME and you will love her blog so check it out), was fairly new so we were sticking together. The strangest thing happened. Every where we went in that building I bumped into people I knew from Charlotte, Monroe, Spartanburg, Greenville, etc. A girl from Greenville I only knew for 3 months before moving a way wanted me to come and visit because everyone there missed me...I saw people that I hadn't seen since high school and they remembered me! It wasn't until Melissa made a comment about me knowing so many people that I realized, this is how it could be in Heaven. What a great reunion it will be! And people will remember me. It all really just makes me feel like a slacker because if people really remember me I should be keeping in better contact with them!!! I re-learn this lesson every time I move...I am going to try to remember it this time.
4. I am really glad I re-named my blog a little while ago because I think it is a good description of me and how my mind really works. I always have one more thing, that is probably just babble, that I want (need really) to get out. I don't know if the title and its description even make sense but they do to me. Plus it is a line from a really great John Mayer song...
5. ...Did I mention we are going to see John Mayer with Ranee and Jeremy in July?!!!!! It is my Mother's Day/Birthday gift!!!! I AM SO EXCITED! I can mark it off my list as the last of my favorite musicians (that are a live. Sadly Elvis passed on and so have some of the Beatles...) to see in concert. My favorites (pretty much in the order listed are: Dave Matthews Band (seen them...I lost count how many times, but in the double digits), John Mayer (can check this off on July 16th), Veritcal Horizon (seen them numerous times also), Matchbox Twenty (1 time), NKOTB (5 I think...3 the first time around and 2 for the reunion), Harry Connick (why can't I remember how to spell that right now?... 1 time) Jr.....I could go on and on (I used to love concerts. I have been to a million-I have seen MC Hammer people! I am talking tons of concerts...), but those are my favorites.
5. It actually works. I am getting heavy eye lids and I am ready to hit the sack. Luckily I cleared the bed off from my closet re-arranging...Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite. (We say that every night when Jake goes to sleep...see I couldn't help myself! I had to say just one more thing...)