Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Mother's Day and Thank you, to the Two Mothers in my life...

Dear Mom,

Thank you. I really can't write anything that could even begin to explain what you mean to me. Thank you for being my best friend. Thank you for letting me grow up in a home with a strong women who knew she could go out and do anything with all her talents, but she choose to stay close to home and focus on her family. Thank you for the example of the Savior you are to those around you. I love being back in the Monroe Ward and being around the people you have served with over the past several years. I hear on a weekly basis: "I just love your mother" or "I want to be just like Sister Graves when I grow up". And to these people I reply: me too. Thank you for being an awesome example of love, hard work, understanding, and focus. I am so proud of you for being on a mission. I miss you like crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way! Thank you for being the rock of our family. Thank you for being a shining light to everyone you come in contact with. I am so proud to be your daughter. Thank you for always being there to support me, to understand, and listen. Thank you for being the greatest Mom in the world. I love you! Happy Mothers Day!


Dear Roz,

Thank you. Thank you for raising your son to be a loving, funny, and hardworking husband and father. Thank you for instilling in him an importance of The Lord in his life. Thank you for teaching him to love life and to roll with the punches. Thank you for opening your arms to your daughter-in-laws and letting us all know we are part of the family. Thank your for the support you have shown us. Thank you for knowing how it feels to lose a friend, even if that friend is "just a dog". Thank you for always being an example of standing up for what you believe in, serving others always and being there for your family no matter what. I don't think I have been in a Ward where someone didn't know you for your service at church, and that is amazing to me. What an awesome example! Thank you for loving me like your own daughter...at least that is how it feels. :) You are wonderful. I love you!Happy Mother's Day!