Friday, May 14, 2010

Bug Bombs

It is hard to believe, but some how after 12 years of having a dog (or dogs) and never (seriously) having a flea problem with either of them (one time I found ONE on Daisy and flipped out), we now have found fleas in our house...We have no pets and we have found 4 or 5 fleas in the house...How does that happen? Who knows!! I think it somehow started in the truck. Since there is no air conditioning in the Jeep, I have been driving the truck and some how there were fleas in it. I know this because I saw a couple and had smalls bites on my feet after wearing flip flops in the truck...So, I guess they came in from there?! That really creeps me out...The part that REALLY freaked me out is that we have come across the fleas in 3 different rooms...That is so not okay with me! So, I put off 6 (yes that maybe over kill, but I am okay with that) bug bombs on Wednesday. I actually called the customer service number to make sure what I got was going to work. I have today off so I will be vacuuming every inch of this house and cleaning like crazy. I realize that fleas don't come into your house because it is dirty, but it makes me feel better...I have I ever mentioned what happened when Jake got head lice in Kindergarten? I WENT CRAZY. That is what happened. Laura and Dean can back me up on that one. They actually came over (we were still neighbors back then...sniff, sniff..we miss you guys!) in the middle of me spraying and vacuuming the whole house for like the 10th time...I think at that point I had already shaved Jake's head...Yep, I said shaved. And then I threw the clippers a way. Every piece of cloth (everything in every closet, dresser, curtains-EVERYTHING!) in my home was taken to the laundry mat. I actually called Aaron and made him come home from work (which he did, he had no choice) so I could clean and wash EVERYTHING. I am not exaggerating. I am not a fan of bugs. Fleas are the pet version of lice in my book...If I see a flea today I will probably go insane...I am keeping my fingers crossed. You may want to say a prayer for my family that I don't go any crazier than I already am...I am itching all over just thinking about it...