Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A New Recipe...

I am slightly obsessed with meatballs...They make me happy.  Last week I decided to make some meatballs and then try a new recipe for Swedish meatballs I found on Pinterest.  The meatball recipe is just in my head.  The "Swedish" is the new part. :)
As I was squishing and mixing the meatball mixture with my hands and saying how c-c-c-cold it was, Jake decided he just had to try it...
...and who am I to discourage trying new things?
He agreed it is freezing.

But I wouldn't let him stop because it was too fun watching and listening to him mix the freezing cold meatball guts. :)
I cooked some on the stove and...
..some in the oven (that still needs to be cleaned...)
I love the crust and any recipe that wants you to have a lot of crusty brown bits to use in the sauce has to be a winner...

Beef broth...
On a side note: I got all sorts of domestic and reseasoned our cast iron skillet the same day (and the house stunk because of it.  Two hours in the oven melting shortening into the pores of the cast iron will do that I guess....
The meatballs smelled delicious...
This pan baking...not so much!

 So this recipe is super healthy!  After you add in the heavy cream, you then add your cream cheese and sour cream.  See what I mean?  SUPER healthy. :)
It was pretty yummy, but not my favorite Swedish meatball recipe.  It is pretty though isn't it?  I have lots of meatballs in the freezer now so I will test some other Swedish meatball recipes and see which one is the best.  If I can find one that tastes like Ikea's I will be a happy human. :)