Monday, June 2, 2014

4 If's...

*If "global warming" or "climate change" (as they call it now since we aren't warming any more) is what is making it possible for us, here in the South, to to have our doors open on June 2 than I am all for it.



*If I was alive during the time the Founding Father's were I probably would have been best friends with Martha Washington.  Not so much because we are similar, as much as she would make me a better person.  "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."  Martha wrote this to a friend about having to be the first lady.  Happy 283rd birthday Martha!  (We learned about Martha's b-day and her quote in our American Patriot's Almanac)


*If I had an apron with a really big pocket on the front to hold clothespin and I had on a long skirt I would feel like Anne Shirley or Laura Ingalls Wilder.  I have an awesome clothes line in my new backyard.  It is cemented into the ground and I love it.


*If I could pick my dream backyard it would look like this (Biltmore House):
 ...and this...
 ...and this...
...and we would have some of these...(we are going to have some of these sometime soonish)
 ...and this, with one of these...

...and this would be the house sitting on that yard (our 4th and current home):
..and something like this would be cool:

 ...and we would definitely still have this!

But that would be a lot of work to maintain so I am happy with our half acre. :)