Monday, June 23, 2014

Our Vintage Home: The Dining Room, Kitchen....

Living room and Jake's room...sort of.

The dining room...which still has boxes in the corner and needs pictures on the other side of the window (on top will be the SC state flag, which is really hard to find in an 8x11 so I am going to print a picture of it.  Then I will put the other two freedoms that Norman Rockwell illustrated below that...more on that when it is done...)...
 ...and this frame is still empty but....
...If I take pictures from the right angles you wouldn't even know it.


 To the right of the dining room is the kitchen.  Which I have posted some pictures of but not enough yet.  But before we go into the kitchen...
 ...If you turn around you can see that closet that is next to the spare bedroom and into the living room...
 ...where Aaron is helping take put a ton of songs on his Ipod so he will have lots to listen to on our trip to VT tomorrow!!!   And there is Sadie...
 ...and here she is again...following me. :)
 But back to the kitchen we go!
 The table that we are using kind of as an island is the one that Aaron refinished for us to use before we got married.  It was one Mom had and passed along to us.  It had so many layers of paint that Aaron striped...Red, yellow, green, orange...So many layers!!!

 
 My stove I love.  With my mason jars of spices that I love. And my dutch oven that Aaron and Jake gave me that I love...
 And my utensil holder from my Aunt Sue and Aunt Robin from when Jake was born that I love.  It is one of my most precious treasures.
 And my glass jars that I love.
 And my sink that looks out onto the sun room....I am starting to think we are going to call it the sun room but I am not quite sure still..

 I still need to paint the frame around the chalk board (it still says welcome home from when Jake got home from Scout Camp...I need to post those pictures too!).
 From the kitchen pass through you can really be part of the action in the living room.  I love that it has the old home charm of separate rooms but the they are still open to each other like newer homes.  It is the best of both worlds!
 I have laundry to fold as you can see...Don't you love our front door?  I may have posted a picture of that already at some point...I am considering coloring it a cool color but I am not sure...
 And there goes Sadie...

This is the view into the living room from the hall and if you turn around and look down the hall you see boxes that are waiting to be put up in the attic (the access to the attic is in the ceiling-pull down stairs-at the end of hall.


The spare bedroom is the first door on the left and you can barely see the little hallway that leads to the full bathroom down the hall a little way, on the right.  The door on the right at the end is our room and the door on the left at the end is Jake's
And it is clean (with 2 boxes left to unpack and a whole bunch of bins of Lego's to organize) for a few days at a time...but it always goes back to this.  Typical boy.  I made him pick it up though so better pictures are coming in the near future... 

Besides the laundry room, carport, and studio/storage/slash ping pong room (I will post pictures of all that later) that is our vintage home that we love.  Sadie really seems to love it.  At our other homes she has had one or two places she has liked to sleep, but in this house she sleeps any where and every where!  I think it means she is comfortable in our new home and I couldn't agree with her more!