Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Ugh...

I am to the point where every room is almost unpacked...Almost being the key word.  Here are three examples:

1.  The dining room.  It is newly painted!  The bookshelves are up (incorrectly put together but they are up)!  The table is a mess because we did school on it.  The stuff on the floor...stuff that needs to find a home!!!!  I left the top shelf with no books on it so I can go and try to match the paint color of the bookshelf...
 2.  Jake's room.  The unmade bed makes it look worse than it is. 
 3.  The kitchen.  Also freshly painted.  It is almost unpacked except for the boxes you can see in the middle of it.  Aaron calls it "our island".
I could take a picture of every room and they all look the same.  Unpacked except for---fill in the blank with: the boxes I packed and labeled "stuff " (which is code for things we should probably just throw away) or the baskets waiting to go in the last couple of pieces of furniture left at the old house...or that box of hangers, in the middle of Jake's room, that I made a special trip to the old house yesterday to get, so I could hang up the clean laundry and I still haven't  done yet....A week of doing, doing, doing, has made me done. Done.  DONE!  I wish I really was....Not complaining, just wondering why we have so much stuff....I am going to tackle it one room at a time....