Friday, May 9, 2014

Toes and roses...

 Aaron and Jake are on the father and son camp out (Dad, Saku, and Sam went too.  Every year on the Friday before Mother's Day our church does this) so Anika, Mom, and I decided to have a girls night out.  We started the night with pedicures. 

The before...

The during...

 And the afters...

Anika's toes...


Mom's toes...

And mine...

No I didn't let a 7 year old paint my toes.  This is "chevron" by a professional...I lied and told her I liked it so I wouldn't hurt her feelings but really I hate it because it looks like a 7 year old did it.  


But after the pedicures and dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant, Bronco's, we came back to our house and smelled (and photographed) the lovely roses in our yard that were covered by rain drops and smelt delicious!


I am going to cut some tomorrow and put them on my table.


I think this is my favorite picture.


How can you feel bad that your big toes are painted ugly when these babies are blooming in your very own yard?!


And look how many there are!

We also watched Masterpiece Classics version of Mansfield Park.  I love the book.  We all do.  But the movie was only okay.  When the lead role is cast poorly you can't expect a real masterpiece.  I am so glad books are better than movies. :)

Now I am going to sleep in the middle of the bed and sleep in....I love my guys but girl time and alone time is nice every now and then too!