Thursday, May 29, 2014

The poached egg project: Part 1

I haven't had a poached egg since I was little.  About 3 or 4 years ago I bought these things so I could poach some eggs.
Today was the day I decided to use them.  I was so excited!  I looked online to see how long I had to cook them (3 to 4 minutes) and I was ready.
 While I waited for it to cook I started making a green smoothie to go with it.
(I kept checking the eggs...but they weren't done...) Only my green smoothies are never green and here is the reason why....Berries.  Curse you delicious berries.  I only use frozen berries in my smoothies.  Fresh ones are to be eaten immediately.
 But as you can see I do squeeze the green stuff in there too.  I love my Ninja.
 But back to the poached eggs that took way longer than 3-4 minutes....
 And turned out to be an epic fail...
 It was pretty much hard boiled.  It was tasty, but not poached.  I am going to go for it and drop it in the water tomorrow and see how it goes.  I am fully expecting a childhood flashback of flavor tomorrow morning...Fingers crossed.