Thursday, May 19, 2011

Simple Pleasures and Picture a day in May, Day 19: Robin's Egg Blue

This is my picture of the day. I found this on a walk with Sadie the other day and carried it carefully home, in my hand for 2 miles. :)  I love this picture for some reason....
This is my absolute favorite color.  It is my Simple Pleasure to see Robin's Egg Blue everyday.
I found the egg shell like this:
It made me wonder how it got that way...Then took it apart to check it out...
...And compared it to the set of dishes that I fell in love with ages ago and that my sweet Jake got me for Christmas (they are from Target...Love that store).  I can pretend I am a little fairy drinking my hot cocoa out of a Robin's egg every time I use this mug.
It is my simple pleasure to be able to have this amazing color in my life everyday.  It makes me smile every time I see my plates, mugs, and bowls through the glass doors on the cabinets in our kitchen.  Simple pleasure is a PERFECT description for Robin's Egg Blue...
What are your Simple Pleasures today?