Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Picture a day in May, Day 3: Sadie is a "Moosette" and the name of our home school...

This is my picture of the day:
To quote our vet:  "Sadie is going to be a moose!  Come here Moosette, let me check you out."  She weighs 33.6 pounds and is 18 weeks old today.  She got her "big girl" (rabies and others...) shots yesterday and will be jingling everywhere she goes between her I.D. tag and rabies tag.  We are used to big "moose" dogs in our house  (Emily was 100 pounds), so we are ready for it.   
Sadie loves to play in the hose (which we did yesterday),...her water bowl, puddles...If it is possible this dog loves water even more than Emily did!  After she gets all wet she runs in to the bushes and rolls around to dry off.  The picture above is what she looks like when she pops her little head out.  How can you resist this future moose face? And these are just bonus shots of our crazy, water loving, "Moosette".



On a completely unrelated topic...I left a note to speak with the principal about all the fun emails and "stuff" going on in Jake's class...I hope I don't break down and cry in her office when I do get to talk to her...I talked to the receptionist (who I love), when I gave her the "blue slip". She used to be an assistant to Mrs. P and she wasn't completely surprised to hear it has been a long, rough year! The blue slip is a sheet you give the school to let them know you are not going to be attending next year. :) It is almost paper work official! I just need to print off the form, fill it out (which includes naming our home school-in NC you have to have a school name...Any ideas?), and bring it to the Superintendents office!