Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Brain Declutter: Because as far as words go..I've got nothin'.

My brain seems to be on vacation here lately.  Maybe decluttering it will help...Hopefully there is something in there that will come out and make sense....

*I forgot to go back and post about why Aaron had a week off from work. Short version: He had an accident, in which he scratched the tip of the wing on a plane while he was towing it.  The company policy is that they have to leave work immediately and take a drug test.  This happened on a Thursday night and he went and took the drug test Friday morning....Blah, blah, blah...They got the results and on Wednesday he had a meeting and he was back to work Thursday night (he would have gone back that night but he is off Mondays and Wednesdays).  Good now it is documented (kind of) for posterity's sake.

*I have a song running through my head, at least part of one that I am using to justify my "blahness".  It is from back in the day when I listened to music pretty much all the time.  I can't remember at the moment who the band is...Better Than Ezra, maybe?  Any way the line that keeps going through my mind is "Seems like it's always understood this time of year.  Well, I know there's a reason for change.  And I know there's a time for us.  Think about the good times and you live with all the bad.  You can feel it in the air.  Feeling right this time of year."  Great song.  Really the words that keep popping in my head are the "feels like it's always understood this time of year."  Some people get the blues in the winter.  I get mine in late Spring. Maybe it is another birthday?  But I don't think so.  Maybe it is the Spring Cleaning.  Cleaning and organizing gives you a lots of time to think.  I tend to think of all the things I haven't accomplished in the Spring for some reason...Maybe it is because bathing suit season is coming and I am still fat.  Not that that has ever stopped me from swimming.  Maybe it is allergies. :)  Maybe it is the end of another school year.  I CAN NOT wait for school to be out...but at the same time the 4th grade is coming to an end.  Jake will never be in the 4th grade again.  For some reason the words to the song play in my head and I feel like it is okay to reflect a little and even have the blues, just a little for a little while.  Not bad blues-just the ones that make you refocus on what is truly important and what should be a priorities and what isn't. So, that is why I keep running those words through my head "Seems like it's always understood this time of year."  That might make any sense to you, but it does to me...:)

*Jake loves to roll his eyes, sigh, and try to talk his way out of everything I ask or tell him to do. He tries to compromise EVERY aspect of what is asked of him and when he really needs to do it.  Take out the garbage, take a shower, scoop the poop, etc.  It drives me insane and I end up yelling at the top of my lungs raising my voice and he gives in.  I have started going right in at speaking loudly right after he rolls his eyes and sighs.  I am sick of compromising.  If I speak loudly he does it quicker.  I know this is not the best way to parent but all the energy I have right now.  I am thinking of borrowing a genius idea from Nike and I may make a sign that says "JUST DO IT!" and every time he rolls his eyes, and sighs I will hold it up.  It will be like yelling with out the guilt afterwords.

*I bought some tanning oil because I will not have white legs this summer.  The other day Aaron said, "Your legs are almost dead person white." Thanks for keeping it real Aaron.  The sad part is I agree with this statement completely so I couldn't be offended.  Maybe I will post a before and after. :)

*I think birth control pill may kill me...Okay, I may be a little over dramatic, but I  now know what it feels to have all those hormones in my body I am supposed to have and I don't like it.  For the record I am not taking birth control pills to control birth.  I am doing it to try to regulate my hormones (I have PCOS for those of you who don't know) and it appears there must not have been much in there to regulate...I have been keeping track and this is how is goes for me:  Week 1 on the pill I have a head ache so bad I want to crawl in to a dark whole and shut out the world.  It is horrible for one day and no fun for 2 after that. Week 2 is not being able to sleep. Awesome.  Week 3 is stomach issues and spotting.  Diarrhea and sometimes puking.TMI, I know but it is true. Week 4 is  the lightest period known to man (or woman I guess I should say.  I am used to having my period every 2 or 3 months and it being very heavy for 7 to 10 days), and being always on the verge of an emotional or mental meltdown.  Hormones rock.  This better be worth it...

*There are officially 13 days of school left, not counting today.  I said there was 23 like 7 weeks ago I swear. :)  But this is the official count.

*Jake passed the EOG's (no surprise there).  They send home this sheet with 2 numbers that mean absolutely nothing to me, but then out to the side written in it says "Great Job!" so I am assuming it means he rocked them.  I can't remember from last year what the numbers mean but they are similar to last year and he was placed in AIG (academically and intellectually gifted) so, AWESOME JOB JAKE!

*That is all I've got.  My brain doesn't have much that needs to be decluttered...