Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Picture a day in May, Day 25: Jake's a Bear and what he whittled

Don't you just love that title? Straight and to the point!  Jake has earned his Bear badge for Cub Scouts and will be getting tt next week at the Pack Meeting.  We did so much better than last years finishing up the night before his birthday...That is pretty much the story of my life for the past almost 2 years...Probably longer if I really wanted to admit it, but I don't, so I am going to stick with 2 years. :)

Sorry for the blurry picture.  I was trying to take it quickly so he could use it.  You see although this shows the date of the 25th I am really doing it on the 26th and changing the date.  Jake really "whittled" this bar of soap last night at Cub Scouts.  It was so warm out (94, I think) that it was kind of getting too soft to actually whittle so he went with a design, and I just love it. :)

I cut Jake's hair into his "Summer Do" (a tradition ever since he ended up with head lice at the end of Kindergarten.  I was awesome...) tonight (which is actually the 26th...), and he wanted to take a shower in the hose outside after rather than taking it inside and that is why he needed the soap in a hurry.  I was yelling raising my voice at him, again, to hurry up.  He is the king of stalling.  But any way, a shower in the hose works for me, and yes it is that hot here already.  It was 93 degrees out today.  It is the end of May and we have already had a LOT of days in the 90's.  Summer starts early in the South.