Friday, May 13, 2011

Picture a day in May, Day 13: What we did today...(after we did the stuff we had to do..)

After work and school we headed to the Monroe Mall with my friend from work, Sharlene and her daughter Autumn to check out the animals that we kept hearing so much about.  Customers kept coming into Bi-Lo (local grocery store) and telling us all about the amazing array of animals in a tent in the parking lot.  So we decided that we would take the kiddos and check it out.  Despite the 86 degree weather (yes already...one of the downfalls of living in the South) we had a really fun time.  See for yourself by the next 1,000 pictures I took:

Jake and Autumn riding on a camel. 
Posing with a lion cub. 
The handler smelled a wee bit like alcohol...I'm just sayin'...But seriously look at that sweet baby!!!
Posed with a snake.  I hate snakes...a lot.  For some reason I can survive with out fleeing if they are in a large box and if I can't see it's head.  Did I mention that I hate snakes?...And someone actually choose to pose with this snake rather than the lion cub.  I freaked at that and had to flee...
A sweet Lama.
Feeding the goats and cows.
A kangaroo.  I felt so bad for the animals...What a crappy life...They were adorable though.
The black leopard we were trying to wake up to get a good picture of. We were calling it like a kitty cat...It didn't really work.  You can't see from the picture but it had beautiful leopard spots in different shades of black.
The white tiger was snoozing too.

They both woke up when the lady that smelled like alcohol came over to check them out and make sure they were okay.

And they got to pose with the lion cub again because they couldn't find the first one they took to print for us.
After seeing all the animals we went to CiCi's pizza for dinner. Sharlene and I talked while the kiddos played a few video games.  It was so much fun to get out and do something for the second weekend in a row! (I still haven't posted what we did last Saturday...I will get to it..)  Aaron was at home trying to get some much needed rest.  Last night was his first night off from 3rd shift after a week off (I haven't posted about that either...I will...), so it is going to take some time to get back into the swing of it!

When we got home we showed them how much Sadie has grown and then after they left, some how this happened:

Sadie's first experience with a sprinkler. :)


Needless to say, she loved it.
And so did Jake. 

It was a good day.  I almost forgot!!!!  I also told my boss I had to have the summer off  (...I didn't have the heart to tell him that even in the fall I won't be coming back to work and working 5 days a week like I have been...) and he said he would keep me on the payroll as long as he needed to without working me because he didn't want to lose me.  Cool!  I am going to be down June 8th (Jake's last day of school) and go in once a month to help with tags (pulling tags when sales end and putting up new ones)!  YIPPPEEEE!  The countdown for summer is really on now!  This time we actually know the official last day of school so we really can count down!