Thursday, May 5, 2011

Saku, you just made my day...

This is my sweet nephew Saku, last summer when we visited my sisters family in DC.  It is one of my favorite pictures ever because it is just so "Saku"!  Don't you love that feeling when you take a picture of a moment you want to remember and you just capture it-just the way you wanted to?  Okay I am already getting off topic...They live in a whole different country now(Can I say where Tina?  I think if I looked back I probably already have at some point in my blog...) and we miss them!!!
I just got home from dropping Jake off at school and I decided to check my emails. I am so glad I did because I got an email from my sister that just made my day. Since May is "my month" I decided to post it here because it makes me feel so loved and I never want to forget it. Indulge me please...

Carrie,

I wanted to tell you something that happened last night but I figured if I didn't tell you right away I would forget and it is like 2 or 3 in the morning for you...so I figured an email would work!

Last night as Saku was getting ready for bed he picked up his pillow sham and smelled it. (I had let Ben sleep on it for his nap and he ended up sweating on it so I was worried...) Saku said, "Did you wash this?" Me, "ummmm, what do you mean?" Saku,"It just smells really good and clean." (pause) "It smells like Aunt Carrie!!!!" And then I realized that you were probably the last one to wash it (it is Jake's old car and plane one) and it had been packed away when I stashed it in our UAB so we would have something nice to make our beds with earlier on. I was so happy that he has such a happy memory of your smells!!! Isn't that cool! (ok...so it sounds pretty weird when you write it down but hopefully you know what I mean!)

Hope you are having a great day...or that you will!!

love,
tina

I have happy tears in my eyes thanks to you Saku!  It is great being an aunt. :)  Thanks to my sister and sister-in-laws for having such great kiddos.  Happy early Mother's Day to you!!!!