Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Parents Getting Set A Part As Missionaries

Wednesday January 20th my parents got set apart as missionaries. It was a really awesome experience and the Spirit was so strong. It also hit us that in 2 days they would be leaving. Jake started crying when Nee was getting set apart. Right after it was over he slipped out the door. I followed him and he just couldn't hold back the tears. He and my parents are so close. It was so great to be able to live with them for a little while before they left. It worked out perfectly for everyone that our house sold and my parents didn't want to have to sell their house but couldn't leave it empty either. We are going to stay in their house while they are gone and it benefits us all. My parents didn't have to sell the house they love in a bottomed out real estate market and we don't have to rent some little apartment for $1,000 a month while Aaron is in school. But I am starting to really see how mindful the Lord is of us. He knew Jake needed to spend this time with his Nee and Papa so that letting them go for 18 months wouldn't be quit so hard. How many kids can say they got to have their Nee lay in bed with them for a few minutes almost every night and chat about what ever you want to chat about? Or after school, driving through the neighborhood you see your Papa walking your dog and you get to jump out and take a walk with him while your mom drives home. How many people can say that they got to kiss there Nee goodbye every morning before school-and a lot of those mornings she drove a long with you and your mom to drop you off? Who has played so much Wii with their Papa that sometimes it was hard to tell it was an adult and a child playing and not two buddies? We also got to see them grow even closer together as they prepared to serve the Lord. We have been extremely blessed to have spent the time before their mission with my parents. It was just what we all needed.

My dad and mom right before getting set apart as missionaries.

Bishop and Sister Gleaves, President and Sister Cheney, and my parents.

Us

This is an "I am going to really miss you" hug for sure.

After he cried in the hall I told him he would feel better if he hugged Nee. He didn't want everyone to see him cry. I told him it was okay to be sad they were leaving but we have to remember they are serving the Lord and we need to support them. He really is happy for them. But in this moment he was just sad because he knew how much he was going to miss them.