Tuesday, January 26, 2010

February Resolutions, John Mayer, and Does this make me a bad person?

1. My February resolution is to blog as I go, rather than go back and forth from different events. In my defense January has been a busy month and I have a lot of pictures to upload. But that is no excuse and I vow to be caught up by Jan. 31st if it kills me!

2. A couple people I know have done this on their blogs and it has seemed to work for them as far as closure or working through some problems. I am going to try it out. If any of you know John Mayer personally please pass this on to him. Since this is a private blog and he isn't invited he won't get it.

Dear John,

No, I am not strong enough to break it off with you like a certain Clay Aiken fan I know did, but I did feel the need to get something off my chest. I have been a fan of yours since the very beginning. I mean, there are very few songs that are better than "Dreaming with a Broken Heart", "Daughter" , "Why Georgia",or "Say" (though they did play that one on the radio a little too much so it got a little old...I also had it as a ring tone so that could have added to the over play too...), etc, etc.!!! I even raised my child to love you. Jake is 8 now and one of his all time favorite songs is "No Such Thing". Just picture his cute 4 year old self singing it at the top of his lungs. Adorable! On his list of favorite musicians you are number 3. Only behind The Beatles, and Dave Matthews. As you can see we have raised him right as far as music goes, but I am sorry to say I can't let him listen to your latest album "Battle Studies" because you cuss a couple of times on it. Very obviously! And he is old enough to notice words he hasn't heard before and ask what they mean. How do I explain that the "s" word isn't really "stupid" but an even worse word. And that you say it! He looks up to you John!..I have to admit I love it! "Battle Studies" is a great album. "Assassin" is AWESOME!! And "All We Ever Do Is Say Goodbye" is a classic John Mayer song. I know what a horrible example I am of "do as I say not as I do", or in this case "you can't listen to songs with bad words in it but I can" (not that I have told Jake that)...But really John did you have to? Think about it. Get back to me on it. Until then I will only listen to those couple of songs (it may just be one, I can't remember...I will have to listen to it some more) when Jake isn't here.
-Carrie
PS-while cleaning up I listened to some of your old albums which I have listened to a million times and just noticed the "B" word and "hell"...John really! Your awesomely amazing voice and mad guitar skills had me so hypnotized I didn't realize you have always had a potty mouth...

3. I love music. I love pop, rock, country, etc. I need background noise at all times. I do however have a problem with listening to songs that maybe I shouldn't...John Mayer has a couple songs with cuss words in it. NKOTB had a few songs that were slightly "adult" in topic-not graphic or horrible, just not exactly uplifting. Dave Matthews occasionally sings about doing drugs...Are you seeing my problem here people? My name is Carrie, and I listen to music that I probably wouldn't listen to if, oh say...President Monson was here...Am I the only one how can't kick this "addiction"? Mostly because I don't really want to...Does this make me a horrible person? Do you have this problem too? Should we only listen to hymns and classical music? Please help me justify, I mean tell me if this is really bad... :)