Saturday, June 2, 2012

The past 2 months...

****Warning: This is going to be a long post of me just rambling on about all we have been doing over the past few weeks that I have neglected to post about.  This will be very random and will not-I REPEAT-WILL NOT be edited so it will probably not make any sense at all.  But if these memoies are not added to this blog ASAP they never will be.  Read at your own risk.  This is a post for me to remember.  Don't say I didn't warn you!***

Where do I even begin?   I have been missing my little plug to hock my camera up to my computer
so much!  I have even had to delete pictures (some I thought I had on a CD but turns out I didn't...) off my camera to make more room and the pictures and memories are just getting all jumbled up and will be forgotten if I don't hurry up and document them...So here are a few pictures of what we have been doing along with  rambling list of the things I can remember we have done...The memories and pictures will not be in any kind of order....We have been enjoying time with the local cousins as you can see from the brain freeze picture.  We picked the girls
(from here on out if I ever say "girls" on my blog just know I am talking about Riannon, Della, and Addie Kate...) from school one day and went to QT for a 49 cent icee.  Jake has loved having them just down the road to get together to play all the time.  Their favorite things to do are: swim in the pool, play office with the typewriter (we got for $1 at a yard sale), Jake's Laptop, and Nana's computer, play outside in the woods, watch movies, jump on the trampoline, and just plan be goofballs.  We have really enjoyed being able to go to Riannon and Della's chorus
concerts and Della's band concert.  We have also had fun spending a couple nights here and there at Nee and Papa's new, adorable townhouse.  It fits them so perfectly and I do have some pictures of it but they are on my camera...so there they shall stay until I can run to Walmart and put them on a CD or until I can stumble upon the cord that is packed who knows where!  Jake was excited to be the first person to put up Papa's American flag at their new house.  I can't wait to take pictures of how cute it is inside too!  They really had to downsize and have made several trips up to Charlotte for more
bookshelves and stuff to organize in a smaller space.  It is so cute!  I will take more pictures and post on that later.  We have been waiting as patiently as we can to here about "our" house.  We still have an offer in on it (it is in short sale and although we will get it at a great price we have no idea when) and have spent some time looking at other houses.  One I feel in love with, but Aaron not so much...Another we just looked at today that was awesome but needed lots of work and was a huge 2700 square feet.  Much more than a family of 3 needs.  We decided to look back at our house and we "re"-fell in love
love with it.  I am not going to lie I was staring to get a little impatient and wanted to just find a house to move into and call it good!  But seeing "our" house again made me remember why we love it so much.  It feels like home and we are praying that it will be.  With short sales you just never know....Keep us in your prayers because I have the whole house decorated in my mind already. :)  I had to put a picture up of my beloved lap top that my parents surprised me with.  It is a Gateway and I am kind of in love.  Isn't it so pretty?  Jake was thrilled to have gotten Papa's old laptop when he got a new one
as you can see.  For some reason that jogs my memory that I had an amazing dream last night that gave me perfect characters and the beginning of a plot for a book...but I can not for the life of me remember what it was about!!!  I always remember my dreams and I woke up and thought all about my dream and how perfect a book it would be...Now not even 12 hours later my mind is blank....I need to write things down...Back to what we have been doing the past 2 months.  We have enjoyed a new little guy named Jaxson Matthew Harmon. :)  Matt and Erin had their first baby a few weeks ago
and he is so adorable.  I went over to their house one day and we did a little photo session...Those unfortunately are a few of the pictures I deleted from my camera but luckily I printed them.  I forgot that when I printed them I didn't make a CD because no one at Target knew how to load the CD's into the Kodak picture machine.  I will post his adorable pictures after I take some more because he has changed so much already.  Newborns tend to do that...The picture below is not that best (the light is no good and he was starting to make a funny face) but it is the only one I have of him on CD so you will just  ohh
and ahh over this picture until I can get the others on here.  Isn't he totally adorable?  He is such a little peanut!  He was something like 6lbs, 7 oz and 18 inches  when we was born and he wasn't even early!  For the 2 families that his parents came from that is a shocker since both sides have a history of big babies!  He is a sweet little guy and we all fight over who is going to hold him first at Sunday dinners.  On my birthday I called dibs for first to hold him tomorrow.  :)  I forgot about that picture above of Jake, Papa G, and Nee.  It is a picture of us eating the first meal as guests at their new house.  Aaron has been commuting and it is coming to an end with only 1 more week of school in NC and him starting a new job down here in SC a week from this coming Monday.  He spent the weekdays staying with friends from church up in NC and driving 1 hour and 45 minutes to SC on the weekends.  He gets up at 5:15 am on Mondays and get back home around 6:15 pm on Friday nights.  He is what I would call an AMAZING guy. Not only because of how much he does for our family...but because he found my iPod charger too. :)  We are glad to have him home for good next week.  Nana and Papa are still kind enough to let us invade their home while we wait for ours.  We have enjoyed having a 2nd dog in their sweet golden retriever named Penny.  Sadie is a skinny little thing now from all the running she does in the woods all day.  She is in doggie heaven even though we found out she has allergies.  We had to take her to the vet because her eyes were all swollen and yucky.  Turns out she just isn't used to all the allergens here in SC yet.  She went from being a full time in door dog to a full time outdoor dog over night! Here eyes were so irritated that her eyelids were rolling in (common for dogs I am told) and her eyelashes were causing even more irritation.  Did you know dogs have a protective 3 eye lid on the inside?  I didn't until we woke up one morning and went out to the garage to let her out and feed her and her 3 eyelid was half way across her eye.  It was pretty gross and that is the day we took her to the vet.  She takes allergy medicine now and is back to trampsing through the woods.  She and Penny have totally creeped us out the past 2 days by bringing home little tiny deer legs-one each day....Dogs are gross.  No they did not catch a deer.  I have no idea where they found it...Next subject because that is making me sick just thinking about it.  Another random thing to post about but I will: Jake had one of those 24 hour stomach bugs a couple of weeks ago.  He woke up in the night and instead of going to the bathroom when he thought he was going to puke he came into my room to tell me he was going to and on the way to the bathroom puked all over the carpeted hallway.  Awesome...Spent pretty much the whole night up cleaning and comforting a still puking kiddo.  Amazingly enough I did not get it!  I have been distressing furniture and taking up already limited space at my parents with my creations.  Jake and I found a few shops that want to see some of it to consign.  I can't wait to have the space to do our bed, dresser, table...etc!  I got called as a co-CTR 4 teacher and it is going well so far.  They children are adorable and Primary (Sunday school for the children) really is the best place to be at church!  We have to be to church early tomorrow so I am sure Aaron is getting ready to get a calling.  I am starting to draw a blank on what else has been going on...If more comes to me I will be back with another post.  I will be back with more pictures as soon as I find my cord....