Saturday, June 9, 2012

Jake in his cast and a few other random pictures...

We were excited to head to the doctor 3 weeks after Jake fractured his elbow.  We knew he was definitely going to get the cast off for an x-ray but the question was would it stay off or would he need another one?  We took a few pictures in case it was the last of the cast just for documentation purposes....





Jake was thrilled to have it off while waiting for his x-ray.  He itched it and there was dead shin everywhere!
This one is out of order...Getting the cast off!  Jake said it tickled.

And the verdict was:  Splint instead of cast!!! He was in the splint for 2 weeks and now he is just doing physical therapy and getting back into the habit of letting his arm hang instead of what has come to be called his C3PO arm. (holding it up and bent all the time...it is a hard habit to break)

Now for some random pictures I just feel like posting right now.....

As soon as Jake's cast came off...Sadie's cone went on.  We had to bring her to the vet because of her eye issues (I talked about it a few posts back...). She was having some major eye allergies and she was rubbing them too much so she got the cone of shame.  She was so pitiful with it on...
Random picture of some beloved yard sale finds we got several weeks ago:
Typewriter for $1.  I love it.  Jake and the girls love to play office with it...And it reminds me of one of my favorite movies You've Got Mail....




And my ugly chair.  It is so comfy and a great deal at only $13.  I am going to recover it, with the help of  my mom, and it will be comfy and adorable for a steal!  I will show the after.  It will be a while since my parents are getting ready to head north for the summer.  Did I mention it swivels?  I love it


Jake has been working hard at physical therapy and doing the exercises at home.  This is as far as he could pull it in when he first started.  I will take pictures in a couple of week to see the progress.



Jake painted and distressed a very cool shelf we found at a yard sale and gave it to me for my birthday.  He did a great job and I love it!
See the hairstyle change from the above pictures to these?  "Summer do" in full effect!