Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ketchup Post: Pictures of some of summer so far...


Here is a ketchup of a few of the things we have been doing this summer so far.  We have big plans to take in all the free fun stuff in our town but it hasn't happened yet.  There is still plenty of summer left to get to all that fun stuff.  So far we have pretty much just hung out and enjoyed the summer.  In the South you have to enjoy it while you can because come the end of July and all of August it may just be to hot to want to be outside!

After a day of digging and sweating the Martin's were ready to put up their new pool!!!  I think I was more excited than the kiddos. :)  Riannon started blowing it up while the guys looked for an easier way to get it up.

 Sadly Addie Kate had to retire her favorite sandals...You can't tell in this picture but they broke.  She was totally bummed so we decided to take pictures to remember them.
 There were a few tears (no I was not torturing her by taking a picture of her crying.  She wanted me to take the picture of the last time she got to wear them.), but luckily she got some adorable new ones for her 7th birthday with gems all over them. :)
 Jake couldn't jump on the trampoline because he still had his splint on but he helped Riannon practice her volleyball skills by tossing her the ball....





The pictures got a little out of order and I am just not in the mood to fix them....Della and her monkey toes climbed the pole.

 Riannon made the Varsity Volley ball team!  Go Rere!  I still can't believe she is going to be a freshman in HIGH SCHOOL!!!!  Where does the time go?  Della will be turning 12 and going to Young Woman's (a program for girls ages 12-18 in our church) in just a couple of weeks...Everybody needs to stop growing up already...


Della and Jake making forts in the pool with the rafts....

A random picture of everyone swimming at the pool. Ranee's friend was out of town and let us have fun at her pool. Can you say jealous? I would never leave my house if I had a pool...
 Sprayed by fire hoses at Cub Scout Camp. 
 The K-9 unit came to camp tooand it was so cool.  (and that is pretty much it for pic's at camp...I was too busy to take pictures.)  I have decided our next dog will have to be a blood hound and we will name her Eleanor Rigby.  Their drug sniffing dog was a blood hound and she was PRECIOUS!!
 Swimming in the Martin's pool.  We have done this a ton and this was the only time I have taken a picture...We like to to swim and then go lay on the trampoline to dry off and tan. :)
 These are the only pictures I took of Father's Day...Giving the Papa's their gifts: awesome books we found at Sam's Club that I will be borrowing to read. (I am a sucker for Sam's club book aisle...I love cheap books...I found a couple cheap and great books for homeschooling too-score!)

 Daddy was even more lucky to get....A KINDLE FIRE!!!! (By the way it is your b-day gift too Aaron).  He was pretty excited and so was Jake because he inherits Aaron's original Kindle. It is a win-win.  Yes they are both spoiled but Aaron deserves something special for all the sacrifices he has made for our family the past couple of years and Jake is homeschooled so a Kindle just makes sense!

Sadly enough that pretty much catches up on all the pictures I have taken over the past month.  I need to start taking some more or my poor camera will start feeling neglected! :)