Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Brain declutter: Killing time

*We are still waiting on "our" house.  Short sales are no fun.  I will cry like a baby if it doesn't go through because I really love "my" house.  Looking at other houses made me want to just move into them but then when we went back to our house it just felt like home...home that needs to be fumigated, cleaned, and painted, but still like home.

*We (I can say we because I ran the idea by Aaron he said yes because he loves me) are going to paint the doors in our house.  No plan white doors. I am thinking different fun shades.  If some one is visiting and needs to use the bathroom I can say "it is down the hall with the teal door" instead of the door on the right...Not any easier to say but much more fun.

*My addiction to Pinterest comes and goes.  I went 2 weeks with out looking at it once.  Lately I am a full fledged addict again...If it cost money to go to it I would be broke...That isn't true I never would have gone there in the first place if it cost money, but you get my point.

*I think I will probably always regret never having lived in a cute, little, loft apartment on the top floor of an old brick building in a little cities downtown.  Above a bookstore, a little cafe, or even an attorney's office.  It will never happen now of course and I am all right with it. It is more of a single person thing to do and I am glad I am not that.  Regret may be to strong of a word for it...

*I am tired but I don't want to go to sleep.  My parents went to the Temple today and we are spending a 2nd night in a row with them.  The reason why those 2 things are even related is because while my parents were gone today I painted and distressed a bedside table that I got at Goodwill for $4.99 and it looks so amazing I can't go to sleep until my mom see's it!  I will post a picture of it asap.  I am trying to start selling things I have distressed....I am hooked on it and can't keep everything I distress so maybe I can sell it. :)

*We went to the library and signed Jake up for the summer reading program and if he wins a drawing for his age group he could win a...whatever the video game system is that has Kinects (sp).  It seems like a strange prize for a library to give away to me.  Won't the kid who wins it spend more time playing video games then reading?  Needless to say I am hoping we don't win it but don't tell Jake that.

*I love to try to find books that I think Jake will like when we go to the library because I am so good at it!  :)  They have a "new books" section and I found a book called "Storybound" by Marissa Burt and I started reading it and I am LOVING it. (Yes I said for Jake but I like to preview books I haven't heard of before he reads them just in case.)   I haven't finished it yet so don't run out and get it in case there is a horrible twist and the author goes from perfect tween reading to bad language or something else that makes me absolutely hate it (which I don't foresee happening...), but so far it is awesome.  I will do a little book review from my perspective and Jake's after I read it and pass it on to him.  If the rest of it is as good as the part I have read so far then you should definitely run out and get it!

*I am so lazy right now that instead of getting up and going across the room to where "Storybound" is laying on a chair, I looked it up on Amazon to remember what the authors name is.  Seriously...I can see the book from here...What can I say I am lounging on the chaise lounge my parents got at Ikea and I really don't want to get up.  Nana got me a laptop lap desk for my birthday (that I am LOVING!)  and I am comfortable enough that I could sit here all night and search for painted doors and ceilings on Pinterest all night long.  Did I mention we are going to paint the ceilings in our house too?  They have flat ceilings not that popcorn stuff. 

*Laptops are the bomb.

*Aaron only has 3 more days of teaching in NC and then he gets to stop commuting and live in SC with us all week long. :)

*Watching and encouraging Jake to be in pain while doing his physical therapy for his elbow is so hard to do...I have to tell him to push harder even when he is already in tears...It is hard but I am being strong.  He is such a trooper.  I have to admit I bought him a toy at Walmart today because I feel guilty.  I know that it stupid and he has to do the physical therapy but it makes me feel better and that is really the most important thing right? :)

*I watch Jake sometimes and have to laugh because his imagination never shuts off.  He will be sitting in the car fully acting out what ever scene that is running through his mind...Love it..I will have to save a funny story about just that type of thing for another time because I am going to stop rambling and go smile while looking at the bedside table I mentioned earlier.  It is so pretty I just can't help myself.