Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Ketchup Day: New Hampshire...so far

No ketchup bottle this week...I know you are disappointed. :)  We are a week into our 3 week vacation to New Hampshire. It seems strange saying New Hampshire instead of Vermont but we are right on the boarder and we have already been back in forth between them both. I wanted to do a photo dump so I could try to stay on top of it a little. The cousins start arriving tonight so the camera will be working over time from here on out! Tina, Allen, Anika, Sam, Saku, and Ben are going to be staying in their new house this summer and they are thrilled. This is their first home and it is really a home away from home since they live out of the country. This will be their home base. They get to come to their home on vacation. We (Nee, Papa G., Jake, and I) left SC last Tuesday morning. We got to NH last Thursday and have been trying to get their house some what settle for them before they get here.  Here are some of the pictures I took to document our journey...
Jake giving the thumbs up from inside the U-Haul all ready to go.

Papa getting ready to put the car on to tow it.  We all took turns keeping Papa company in the U-Haul.  Nee and I switched back and forth driving the Jeep.  Poor Papa had to drive the whole way.....

Jake in his DVD tent so he could see the screen.

We had to go slow to follow the U-Haul but I am glad we weren't going as slow as the people going the other way on the highway...We say the coolest thing: a car rigged up with a funny tower thing that turned out to be a camera.  It was a Google Street View car.  Jake took a couple of pictures on his cell phone.  I will have to figure out how to put them on here some day. 

We listened to John Mayer's new CD a bunch.  New favorite song: The Age of Worry. Genius lyrics and music.  Go to iTunes and get his new album Born and Raised if you haven't already.  You will thank me for it.

A breakfast at Subway had us all cracking up.  Dad (not Jake the 10 year old boy...it was the 65 year old boy) pointed out something funny my OJ bottle said.  This was day 3 on the road and we were tired.  If you don't see what is funny than you aren't related to me and you don't enjoy being in touch with your inner child nearly enough.  Thank you Minute Maid ad agent's for a great start to my day. :) 

Being in New England means creamy time!  I am starting to notice I have no pictures of Nee and Papa...they were there the whole time I swear.

I had to take a picture of my favorite flower along the old railroad tracks to Camp.

Yes we have been doing Jake' physical therapy.  He can touch his shoulder now and he is pretty psyched about it.  You can tell from this picture can't you. :)
Lowe's came and delivered the new fridge, washer, and dryer.
One day while we were at lunch we looked out in the parking lot and there was a hail storm.  Later when we were in Walmart they announced over the load speaker that there was a tornado warning.
The hail got as big as marbles.
Last year a hurricane.  This year hail, tornado's, temps in the high 90's, and now in the low 50's (probably 40's even)!  Gotta love New England weather.  Luckily I found a sweatshirt on clearance for $5...
I found this book at a Yard Sale and got it for my Dad.  He loves Will Rogers.
Let's all take a moment of silence to remember one of the greatest Presidents this country has ever known.............I am glad I got this for myself at the same yard sale for $3.  Who sells The Reagan Diaries for $3?!  Now that my Kindle is no longer {sigh...} I at least having something to read....
Now I have to carry all this in my purse rather than just my Kindle...Actually I have finished Till We Have Faces and The Screwtape Letters, both by C.S. Lewis.  The man is a genius...more on that and the books later...
This is why I love loved {tear...} my Kindle.  On a Kindle when you find an amazing quote or something you want to remember you can highlight and make a note.  In regular books I have to have scraps of paper close by.  I am not knocking books by any means.  I am a book lover.  I just miss my beloved Kindle already....
We tried out our new flippers in 50 degree weather yesterday and today.  Nee bought Jake a fancy pair for $15 and I bought myself a cheap pair for less than half that.  They both work very well.  Unfortunately one of Jake's is lost somewhere in Groton because it wasn't tight enough...We searched to no avail.  He was bummed but I reminded him about my recent lose and played him "The Age of Worry".  That helped, plus I let him wear mine so he is recovering nicely from the tragedy.
We decided yesterday Jake and I would spend the night at Camp.  It was pretty chilly.  This is Jake getting ready for bed on the swing, on the porch with something like 5 blankets on him.  He also had 2 long sleeve shirts and was as snug as a bug in a rug.  Love the crazy eyes in this one...
This is Jake jumping in with his flippers on before one went missing....I am chuckling just looking at it now.  He is a great swimmer and an awesome diver.  You would never know it from the awkward jump in this shot. :)
The traditional dock shot...It was starting to rain (not to mention is was cold and I promised him  I would swim...) so I had to hurry.  This attempt was not so great....
This one was pretty darn adorable. 
The count down is on!  Tina, Anika, and Ben will be here in just a couple of hours.  Nee and Papa are at the airport waiting for them as we speak.  We are so excited to Welcome you back to America and to your new home!!!