Monday, May 7, 2012

You'll never guess what I am doing & things I wish I could find...

Right now I am typing this post on my very own, brand new, LAPTOP!!!!  My mom and dad kept saying they were going to give me a "bonus" for selling their house for them while they were in the Ukraine visiting my sister and her family.  I thought they were joking until today.  My parents had been talking about getting a new laptop because their computer was getting slower and older. We happened to see an ad in the Target flyer yesterday with a great deal on a laptop.  It was basically the newest version on Aaron's and he has really been happy with his so they decided to go first thing this morning and get one.  Instead of one they got three.  One for each of them and one for ME!!!  We went over to their townhouse today to help them put together some Ikea furniture and my mom told me she had come across a box that was marked theirs but must have been mislabeled because it wasn't theirs.She told me to look and see if it was our stuff.  I opened it and it didn't even register what was in the box.  I just looked at it and said "no this isn't ours".  I didn't even notice the fact that it I was looking at a wireless mouse, a laptop sleeve, and a Gateway laptop computer box.  My mom said "It is yours. It's for YOU!".  I looked again and couldn't believe it!!!  Thank you Mom and Dad!!!!  Jake is just as excited because Papa G is giving Jake his old laptop once he saves all his stuff from it.   I am so HAPPPPPPPPPYYYYYY!!!  Jake said his prayer tonight and thanked Heavenly Father for our wonder surprise gifts today. I am going to thank Him again, like I do every day, for my wonderful parents.  

Now I really wish I could find my iPod charger and the cord that lets me put my pictures on my computer  both of which I could use with MY NEW LAPTOP!!!  (I keep having to say it so I can believe it is really true!!!)...Aaron can't find his sunglasses.  Jake is missing the DVR.  Living out of laundry baskets and boxes gets old quick...We are saying prayers and crossing our fingers that we will hear about "our" house soon and that Aaron will get the job he interviewed for today (it went really well) so that the count down of commuting and only being home on the weekends can begin....I am thankful that Heavenly Father doesn't ever get sick of our prayers.  Living in the South means seeing signs outside of churches with words of wisdom and I saw a great one the other day that said something close to this: "Give your problems over to the Lord.  He is up all night anyway."  I am so glad that is true.