Friday, May 18, 2012

These are a few of my favrorite things...

Things I LOVE, Love, love....

*Raindrops on...(no I am not going to say roses-although that is nice too) on evergreens.  We (Jake and I.) went on a walk in the woods with the dogs and it had rained the night before.  It was so fun to lightly touch the cool raindrops that hung on the evergreens needles.  Simple pleasure....

*Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.  I love a book with a happy ending and this one is oh so very happy, after some shocking twists and hardships...which makes the ending even happier!  Read it, you will love it.

*The wonderful feature on my laptop on which I can write little notes and they look like post it notes on my screen.  Right now my screen is home to song lyrics that I want to frame.  You know type them up in a fancy way like you see on Pinterest, frame them, and put them up everywhere because words make me happy.  Some of my favorite quotes are from songs.  Example: Matt Scannell, from Vertical Horizon wrote: "All I want is for you to have a life you love and live. Take from me all I have to give 'cuz you are in my heart."  Love it.

*Pinterest...love it...
*The fact that the more classics I read the smarter I feel.  It's a fact.  Try it and I am sure you will agree.

*My camera.  I love to document things like Jake getting his cast off.  :)

*Bare minerals make up.

*Annie Sloan chalk paint. I find the concept to be genius: painting things without having to sand them first....and it actually works.  Wonders never cease.

*The fact that the neighborhood we are living in is having a yard sale on Saturday and I am going to hunt for cheap things I can paint with my Annie Sloan paint. :)