Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Thank you Zucchini...






...for making it possible for me to still enjoy garlic bread in moderation, since you replace the over load of carbs that is pasta. 


Ignore my finger nail polish, and note this fancy contraption I bought at Walmart.  It is now my new best friend.  You just put the Zucchini (or whatever veggie you want) in and twist and out comes the healthy replacement for pasta and you can do it thick or thin!


This is why I am not a fan of cooking all the time.  I love the mess when it is happening.  All the chop, chop, chopping!  But then I hate to clean it up after.  I usually clean as I go but this day...not so much!  Check out the 2 bottles of Febreze..I found them at Aldi (a great, cheap grocery store) for $2-something.  They are usually $4-something at Walmart!  SCORE!



You can boil it (but I always feel like all the nutrients end up in the water...) or saute it.  A little olive oil, salt and garlic...Oh I can smell it again right now! 


It doesn't look that inviting...


but add some other veggies...



....my world famous spaghetti sauce...hahaha!....



...cheese!...


...and stir.

It is sooooo good!  And that makes this girl happy because I could (but I can't!)eat spaghetti every day of my life (in different versions)!  Next time I will put the "zoodles" (you see what I did there?) on a paper towel to soak up some of the moisture.  But it was so satisfying and yummy!  It really felt like I was eating pasta.

I am also loving this because although I love spaghetti squash "noodles" their slight sweetness wasn't what I was looking for in spaghetti.  They are perfect with alfredo sauce or just a little butter and garlic.  The "zoodles" will pair with anything that you would eat with spaghetti noodles.

I am a happy camper!  And I have eaten this again since I took these pictures...and that was just a week ago.  And right after I get Jake to stop reading his book (can you imagine!) and get back to his science test I am going to make some homemade meatballs...that I will put ontop of zoodles or spaghetti squash noodles for dinner tonight!

****Disclaimer for anyone who knows my guys:  I made real pasta for them and they didn't eat the extra vegetables.  Neither of them would even taste the zoodles.  They are not herbivores by any stretch of the imagination and I don't want to lead anyone astray by making you think that I actually talked them into eating this.*******