Thursday, January 27, 2011

Simple pleasures...

I love opening up my cupboard to get a cup and seeing a childhood memory. When my Nana Lee (my fathers mother) passed a way the beginning of 2007 (...wow I can't believe it was that long ago), I mentioned to my Uncle Gary that I would love to have the cup that I always drank out of at Nana's house. Each of the grandchildren had a color that they drank out of every time we were at Nana's. Mine was yellow...Uncle Gary searched for the cups to no avail, until last summer when he came across them in a box in Nana's garage...All the grandchildren got their cup, plus an extra one from the set. I thought about putting them up in a safe place to make sure it would never break. I am so glad I didn't, because now I get to have the simple pleasure of seeing it in my cupboard and drinking out of it whenever I want to reminisce. It is also an amazing way for my son to remember how important my Nana was in my life. It is an honor to drink out of my treasured cup.


****THIS IS AN UPDATE! A new blog friend told me how to do the link thing and I did it! So, this last paragraph doesn't make as much sense as it did before, because you can click on the link now!****
Check out other people's simply pleasures at chocolateonmycranium.blogspot.com...I really need to figure out how to link it...Yes I am serious I don't know how to that. Little help anyone?...It is also a simple pleasure to change my blog background whenever I feel like it... :)