Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Brain Declutter...

*Is it just me or does $65 seem high for a field trip? Jake's class is going to Grandfather Mountain in May...$65...really?

*I am on day 2 of getting back into exercising. I kicked butt speed walking for 1 hour on the track above the court Jake was having his basketball practice at. He kept waving to me and pointing me out to his closest team mate, which made me keep up the speed. He is adorable. But, what really helped me keep up the pace was the other woman walking the track. She was across from me on the track, and I made sure she never got closer than a half a loop behind me. That is right I say behind, because I was there first and I got within a 1/4 of the loop of her a few times and she would go faster. She probably thought she was in front of me, but I was so in front. Technically I was like 4 laps a head before she even started and she stopped about 10 minutes before I did. I totally kicked her butt...I am not competitive at all...Really, I am SO glad she was there because it made it so much easier to walk to the beat of "Single Ladies"-Beyonce, and "Twisted"-NKOTB. Listen to both those songs and you will realize I was totally kicking butt.

*We are going to have a conference with Jake's teacher. When I say "we" I mean Aaron is coming too. We are getting more and more concerned with her attitude and ridiculous rules. (Like the fact that school starts at 7:30, but in her class you have to be there at the latest 7:20 because if you turn in your homework 1 minute past 7:30, she may or may not except it...I realize that it is helpful to get there a few minutes early to get ready for the day, but you shouldn't get in trouble for getting there when school actually starts.) I am going to let Aaron do the talking because I just can't lay it out there to a teacher. I guess I have always been taught to respect them. I still have bad dreams about forgetting where my locker is, what my class schedule is, and that the major exam is today. I am a great learner and worker but school stresses me out-seriously. I thought about taking a class this semester to work toward my degree, but realized I just can't add it to my plate right now...Okay...I am going totally off the subject...See, I told you I needed to declutter my brain....So, any way we set up the conference and Aaron says it may get ugly...He is better at being respectfully mean than I am. Say a little prayer that Jake's teacher actually listens to our concerns, because I have yet to be able to get out a full sentence with out her brushing me off...Yikes...I am probably going to have bad dreams about school tonight....

*The snow and ice, that I took pictures of, and Jake missed 4 1/2 days of school because of, is almost gone from our front yard. Jake got me with a snowball in the butt today so I am kind of looking forward to it melting completely. :) I will post the snow pictures soon.

*I still want a dog,(badly) but I have finally been able to find one plus to not having one. Keep in mind that the list of positives FAR out way this one little negative...actually two, I just thought of another one. Any way, after snow melts there is always the inevitable mud to follow. This is the first time in 12 years that I haven't had to wipe up muddy paws and dog prints. But, muddy dog prints are cute...more so when they aren't there...The memory of them is fond, but at the moment it can drive you crazy. If there was ever a drought it was because I hadn't mopped my floor...EVERY time I mopped it would rain, and I would have sweet muddy dog prints...The other thing I thought of is fur. No, fur bunnies (instead of dust bunnies...or should I say mixed in with the dust bunnies...), for almost a year now. No fur floating in the air and landing in the darnedest places. Like the eggs you are scrambling or the stack of freshly clean towels. Or the wall where a wet tail must have hit and left behind what almost looks like a shadow of the real thing..I can live with fur too though...

*I am excited to take care of Pooha, Nana's little dog in February when they go on a cruise! She is so sweet and will give me my dog fix to hold me out until my birthday, when I am sure I will be getting a puppy for a gift to stop me from being depressed I am turning...gulp...35...I dread 35, but that is a post for another day....

*As you can see by the time I am posting this I am not doing so well with the going to bed early thing. But, I am up waiting for the cookies to cool that I made for Aaron, so that is a good excuse...right? My sister is going through the whole can't sleep, even if you want phase right now too. Her husband is going through some training for work and has a wacky schedule for a few weeks. She may be up reading this right now! Actually...probably not. Her hubby is probably home by now...Enjoy this tomorrow night when you are bored, waiting for Allen to get home Tina! I will not be blogging because Wednesday is a night Aaron is actually home and I will sleep good!

*I just had a thought...Is it wrong to use people's real names on your blog if they don't even use their real names on their blogs?...Or AM I using real names?...If you are reading this you probably know the truth. Because the only reason you would reading this is to find out if I have fallen off the face of the earth since this is the only way I keep in touch or because you feel obligated to occasionally comment to make me feel good. :) Either way thanks....for anyone that stumbles upon this blog (highly unlikely), you will never know if the names I am using are real or fake... :)