Monday, March 23, 2015

Jake Had A Busy Week Last Week...

 He had to cuddle Sadie in bed...


That can be time consuming....

 He had co-op on Monday, school and taking care of me on Tuesday.  Wednesday was Food For Thought, the once a month homeschool class at the library,  and the topic was "Sweet Science"(yes I took him while being sick...I toted tissues and warned the other mom's stay keep there distance).  He also made me lunch that day to make me feel better.  That night he had YM's at church.  Thursday more school of course (he did it every day but I guess I don't have to say that...) and then the homeschooling skate that afternoon (I was feeling some what human by then).  Friday was school, and then shop class and working on a merit badge with Papa Harmon.





They were working on building a fire.









And all that is left on the lamp is to sand it and then bring it home and paint it!  It is pretty cool and Jake will hate this picture....hehehe.

After shop class we headed to Target to get a few new t-shirts for him.  None of his shirts from last summer seem long enough.  I guess that is because he has grown several inches.  He is now (and has been for a few weeks) officially taller than me.  I am 5' 6 3/4" tall.  He is over 5'7".  He calls me short stack now.

Then we headed to one of his friends (Wilson) house for his b-day party.  We dropped him off at 4 and picked him up at 11.  It was a sleepover but we don't do sleepovers...boys get dumber the more sugar they ingest and the more tired they get...and the more of them there are!  Not to say they are dumb but you know what I mean.  Jumping off the roof seems more doable at 2 am.  I wish I had taken pictures of the boys.  There were six of them, all boys that we met at Classical Conversations co-op when we moved here 3 years ago.  They are all 13 or turning 13 (well one is a little brother and is 11) in the next couple of months.  Three of them have hit puberty and are tall with deeper voices and the other three are short with high voices.  It is crazy to see the change in them.  And Jake is of course is one or the tall guys....by a lot!  Time flies!!!!



 On Saturday we did some serious grocery shopping-Jake stayed home while we went to Walmart (Aaron came with me-Jake said it was a date for us) and then came when we went to Sam's Club.  He couldn't pass up the pizza or checking out all the cool stuff with Aaron.  They like to check out all the huge TV's and books and movie's and...and...and...You get it.

And by the way...Dreams do come true!  I am cutting back but I was excited to see that Sam's Club finally had diet Dr. Pepper.  It is my one vice....
 I was in the house putting away all our food and stuff and I opened the windows to let the Spring (I know I don't have to capitalize Spring...or any of the seasons but I like to and it is my blog so I do) breeze in.  I caught a picture of Aaron cutting the grass while Jake scooped the poop and then burned what is just about the last of the leaves.




I have my spring-y-est table cloth one. 





I forgot I took this picture!


 After that we played Settlers of Catan which I won fair and square this time. We had movie night on Saturday since Jake was not home on Friday and watched Mocking Jay Part 1...and I cried of course.  Any time the theme is revolution for freedoms sake I blubber...It was a good week for a good kiddo and his biggest fan...


And last week is a wrap...and we are on to a new one!