Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Brain Declutter: Things In General

*I remember when it was considered rude to call people after 9:00pm and then before 9:00am.  Those were the days.  Now people don't even call they just text.  I was woken up at 6:30 am on Saturday, February 14th to a "Happy Valentine's Day!" text.  Let me point out three things that are wrong with that.  1.) My Valentine was laying next to me in bed so he didn't need to text me to tell me that and wouldn't have because he was asleep...Like I was until the text woke me up!!! 2.)  It was 6:30 in the morning....? 3.)  It was Saturday. Why?....???????????  I don't get up any day of the week that early!!!  And it was SATURDAY!  The day that you are allowed to sleep in and not feel guilty about it!  And this person was NOT MY VALENTINE!!!!!!  I keep my phone on vibrate over night because you never know when you are going to have a phone call from family or friends with an emergency.  This morning my cell phone went off with two texts from the same person.  It woke Aaron up (I was sleeping on the couch because Lucy had to go to the bathroom at 4:30 this morning and wouldn't go back in her crate after I let her back in.  Well she did go back in but wouldn't stop scratching the metal door after I put her back in) and he checked it to make sure it wasn't an emergency.  It wasn't.  Why people?  WHY?  A lot of these wonderful texts are from people I know that have little children and are up because of that.  I don't have little children so I don't have to wake up early. 

*I wrote 99% of this last week and forgot to post it.

*We have figured out that Papa Harmon must wake up between 4:30 and 5:30, since that is the time I have gotten up every morning to let out Lucy.

*I think smart phones have made people even more selfish.  If they need to ask you a question they just send you a text immediately upon the thought entering their brain.  No matter what time it is or if they know you are some where important.  Don't people know that if you text me really early I am going to think there is something wrong and check it?...after you woke me up?  I know this is pretty much the same thing I talked about before but now I am just stating the reason for it.  People are more selfish now because they can invade your life at any moment and they do so with out any further thought.  Rude. And selfish.

*We are getting a new (to us) car...more on that later.  I am more than a little excited.

*I see a new trend that I am baffled by: getting a basket and putting decorative pillows in it?  I don't get it.  Pillows are expensive why would you just stick them in a basket?  I get blankets in a basket.  You can get one out when you are cold.  Decorative pillows should be on the couch or a chair.  That is called having more money than you know what to do with.  Pillows in a basket?  That is just crazy talk.

*I keep seeing people who are living with their boyfriends posting things about their, "Hubby".  That is short for husband....?  Do you see where my issue is?  He is not your husband.  You don't get to call him that until you actually make the commitment.

*I love the show on HGTV called Fixer Upper.  It makes me happy.

*I wish our house was completely organized but I keep putting off organizing it...I hate the worse before it is better phase so I just don't start...

*Which leads me to another thought that I may have already mentioned on my blog before, but I think it is worth repeating.  Why is it the only people that care to get married (besides religious people...I am talking society in general here) are gay people?  Our society doesn't embrace the concept of marriage as important any more AT ALL...but gay people need be able to get married...?  I don't understand.  If "all it is is a piece of paper" that no body wants, why do gay people want it so bad?

*It was so humid today and in the 70's (I think).  I actually considered turning the AC on but it rained and cooled down so I didn't have too.  It is way too early for AC.

*I am realizing that if I died right now the blinds in my living room would never be open again.  I am the only one that notices that it is daylight-we should open them.  Or it is dark out and the blinds are open so we are pretty much living in a fish bowl for everyone to see us.  However the blinds are when I die, I am sure they will remain forever.

*We have two hammocks and we need to hang them up. 

*I have another OCD issue that I am trying to not let drive me insane...It drives me crazy to be near someone eating if I am not because I can't listen to them chew.  It seems like it is amplified in my ears lately.  If I am eating I guess I hear myself so it muffles it out.  But if I finish first or someone is eating a snack when I am not and I am sitting near them that is all I hear.  I have issues.

*Declutter complete.