Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Books #8 and #9



I haven't really been reading a whole lot lately...I know that is sad and pitiful..but I finally finished book number #8 and #9 of the year. 

I loved 41 by George W. Bush.  It is well written and gives great insight into the life of an amazing man.  I have to say that 41 is one of my favorite presidents and this book solidified that.  I met him during the primaries way back in the late 80's (when I was way to young to even vote) and he was just like my Grampa Smith which means he is a great man.  It was great to read about his life and accomplishments in his private, family life and his rise to the presidency.  I loved it.  I love him.  I love that his son wrote it (who is also on my list of favorite presidents and I don't carry what any one thinks!) and gave candid insights that made me love them both even more.  He is an amazing man so how could an honest book about him not be amazing too?

Book #9 was actually a play but I am totally counting it.  Jake and I read (and did the voices for all the characters) The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde.  It is a clever play.  Jake and I spent most of the time laughing at the characters who are anything but earnest...which is the point of course.  Is it on my list of favorites? No, but I enjoyed it and so did Jake.  And it is nice to get in a quick read every now and then.

I finished both of these two weeks ago and haven't really read much since (I am reading a couple of books but I am not really reading them much...I need to read a good quick kids book to get me reading again)...Sad.