Thursday, November 29, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things Thursday: First attemp at Mercury glass, Home EC 101, A house to rent, & Tickets to NH....

There are 2 things I am loving this week:

1. Krylon Looking Glass spray paint (I tried it on a ugly old lamp...lets just say it isn't photo ready...)

 Guess where I got this craft idea?  If you guessed Pinterest you are correct!  After canning potatoes the other day we had a few jars we couldn't used because they had chips on the rim.  So I tried to make them look like old mercury glass.  It was a fun experiment...It didn't come out perfectly but that is what happen when you don't read all the directions because you are too excited to wait. :)  I get the process now and will be doing this again...
 I tried it 2 ways for the fun of it. Spraying the inside:
 and outside....I like them both for different reasons.







 2. Home EC 101-Jake learns to can and sew...I love homeschooling and I love that my 11 year old son doesn't think it it too girlie to do these things.  Everyone needs to know how to do these things-especially in this day and age!

 His first stitches on the machine...Not bad at all dude!
 Nee is his teacher because I don't sew...I know I just said that everyone should know how to do it.  I have sewn...just not much.  I am going to get some lessons myself. :)





Jake actually sewed an apron for Nee.  I had to leave and didn't get a final results picture but I will.  He did a great job

3.  We just looked at a house we may rent.  Cross all your fingers and toes, and PRAY for this too work out.  Three years is tooooo long to go with out your families own space....

4.  Nee and Papa G love us so much that they bought us tickets to go to New Hampshire in Jan. to see the new member of the family!...Cross you fingers he will be there when we get there.  Tina-the count down is on for baby #5!!!  I am excited (and maybe a little jealous) for you! And so thankful for great parents!!!!

What are some of your favorite things this week?