Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sleeping in on a Wednesday...

Jake spent the night with Nee last night and went and saw Wreck it Ralph so I slept in.  They said it was an amazing movie-they both loved it.  I am  now jealous that I didn't go. :)  I have the house to myself this morning so I decided to watch a little Fox news since I haven't for almost a week...you all know why I have taken a break from the news.

I have been watching it for about 30 minutes and it is depressing.  The president's plan to help the economy is to raise taxes on the wealthy by $1.6 trillion (yes that is a "t") and by increasing the capitol gains tax by 25%.  I feel blessed to not be rich and to not own a house.  The housing market was supposedly on a slight up turn.  That is about to change for the negative...

Nazi Nancy Peolosi (Aaron calls her Nazi Peolosi...okay, I will be honest I do too.  But Aaron came up with it.  It is a joke we don't really think she is a Nazi.  A liberal is almost as bad though...that was a joke too so don't freak out) just had a press conference talking about how woman are finally feeling empowered because a record number of woman and minorities were elected this time around.  I feel a little sorry for her.  I have never not felt empowered.  I never have really thought about it because I am appreciated for the role I have taken in our family.  It was my choice to stay home-but we all agreed it was the best thing for our family.  I am sure Nancy would think I am un-empowered because I have chosen to stay home.  That is okay because I think she is a little crazy so it all irons out in the end.   I just thought woman were smart to stay away from politics.  I never knew we were not empowered.

I love Fox news.  That will not change.  I am a Conservative.  That will not change.  But I am going to limit my time here.  I know that our country...our world, as we know it, is going to continue to change and disintegrate.  I don't need to know all the details because I already know it is happening.  It is a sign of the time.  I am going to be meeting Jake and Nee in a little while so I am going to spend my time  better.  I am going to watch HGTV and pluck my eyebrows. :)

Here's to a couple of hours of alone time!