Thursday, November 15, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things: It's back!!!

Not sure when I stopped doing "these are a few of my favorite things" on Thursday's but it is BACK!
I realized I need to remember all of the blessings in my life and that is when it popped into my head that I didn't do this any more.  Coincidence?  I think not.  So, with out further ado...HERE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS!!!!:

*I love Jane Austen.  I do.  I love her books.  I love the movies that have been made based on her books.  I am reading Mansfield Park right now and I love picturing it in my head.  I have to admit this is not my favorite Austen book but I still love it.  We (Jake, Nee, and I) were at Joanne's today and saw a magazine that was completely dedicated to things you could crochet (or knit maybe...one of those) all things Jane Austen related.  I am sure you can Google it.  There was this amazing wrap around shawl that I would totally wear and that I am sure I will picture in my head on Miss Fanny as I read tonight...If you haven't read any Jane you should...

*I love FALL.  I don't call it Autumn for some reason.  I love crunchy leaves falling all around.  I love crisp breezes. I love the chill in the air in the morning.  I love that it gets darker earlier-it feels cozier....Fall is my favorite season...

*I love Land o' Lake hot chocolate.  I love that years ago they had it at Sam's club-a mega pack for cheap!  It is expensive and they sell it in individual packages at grocery stores.  It is a fun occasional treat.  I love that we were talking about how Sam's Club used to have it last week and then we went 2 days later and guess what they had?!?!?  The MEGA PACK OF LAND O' LAKES HOT CHOCOLATE!!  I went crazy and bought 3 packs.  Aaron told me I should go buy more for food storage purposes. :)  It has 7 boxes with 6 indiv. packs in each, for $11-that makes them something like 30 cents a piece!!!  Which is a steal since they are 75 cents (or more depending on what store you are in) usually.  I am sure if we compared it to Swiss Miss it is still more expensive but I don't care.  It is like drinking heaven so I am stock piling it in case it is another...lots of years until Sam's Club carries it again.  I am going to go out on a limb and call this a tender mercy since the Lord knows I am  stressed and french vanilla or warm oatmeal cookie (yep that is a flavor) cocoa make it all better. :)

*I love that Jake loves Legos.  I love that there is a homeschooling club in our area.  They have an assignment to create something with Lego's.  Example: when we meet in December they have to bring something related to Christmas and it can't be a kit-they have to create it.   We get there the kiddos take out buckets of Lego's and trade...Yep, I said trade.  Right up an 11 year old boys alley.  Of course you only bring what you are willing to trade.  But if you are a Lego.."r"...then you know you have millions of tradeable pieces.  I also love that we went to the Lego store 3 weeks ago today...has it really been 3 weeks?  Maybe just 2...No I think it has been 3...that is crazy?!?  Time flies!  Anywho!  Nee, Jake, and I made a much anticipated, patiently waited for (we have been planning on going since Jake's b-day the end of August...) trip to the Lego store!!!!  I took 5,942 (not really) pictures and here are a couple dozen of them:

If you could buy this Jake would want to...
 In awe...
 We spent a lot of time building Lego houses and we were very proud of them so I took a lot of pictures...





 Nee's house:
 Me and Jake. :)  (I type that why?  I guess for posterity.  I am sure we won't forget who we are but just in case...)
 My house: (That Lego lady is me with my Kindle and I have french vanilla hot cocoa in that mug.)
 Jake's house:
 Me and Jake are neighbors. :)


 More people kept arriving to check out our street....No, Lego mini figures can't actually fit through my houses door, but isn't it cute?  We added the creek and bridge and then a mini figure jumped in for a swim...I guess we shouldn't have put a guy in blue in the creek because he is hard to see...
 This is the dream people...



 This map is made completely out of Lego's.  Awesome.
 Jake left with what he had been saving for: Ninjago's Ultra Sonic Raider.  Life is good!
 By the time we got home that night (it is a couple hours drive to the Lego store...But don't worry we took out the mini figures and put them together at Olive Garden while we were waiting for our food) it was to late to put it together so we did it first thing the next day.  One of the many perks of homeschooling. :)
 I am pretty sure it had a million pieces.  

 I helped Jake by sorting, and getting the pieces he would need for the next step...and I watched Fox news a little while he constructed...
You are probably expecting the after it is all put together piece here right?...Not sure why but there isn't one.  We were probably so excited to play with it that i forgot or something!  I will have to remember to take the after and post it. 

What are some of your favorite things?